Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I know I shouldn't read it but Garth Crooks has surpassed himself today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I know I shouldn't read it but Garth Crooks has surpassed himself today

"A lot has been said about Mesut Ozil. Love him or hate him - and I love him - there is no denying he is a wonderful footballer. Is he in the right team? Probably not. A player with his talent would be more appreciated at a club like Tottenham. Now at this moment I may have Arsenal fans foaming at the mouth at the very thought of Ozil defecting to White Hart Lane but frankly it is a better fit.

When Sol Campbell decided to move to Arsenal from Spurs it was because the player was desperate to win trophies. A perfectly acceptable position for a professional footballer to take and a fact that Spurs fans have never been able to come to terms with. However, Ozil's style of football is perfect for Spurs and he has already won things with Arsenal. His overall performance against Stoke, which is always a hard nut to crack, was superb while his goal was sublime.

Only at Spurs will the fans accommodate players like Ozil. You see, at Spurs it is all about the football while at Arsenal it is all about the winning."

I notice they don't allow comments on his selections anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I saw that this morning and thought he was just being a WUM.

I now realise, of course, he is simply a r'tard.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

"A lot has been said about Mesut Ozil. Love him or hate him - and I love him - there is no denying he is a wonderful footballer. Is he in the right team? Probably not. A player with his talent would be more appreciated at a club like Tottenham. Now at this moment I may have Arsenal fans foaming at the mouth at the very thought of Ozil defecting to White Hart Lane but frankly it is a better fit.

When Sol Campbell decided to move to Arsenal from Spurs it was because the player was desperate to win trophies. A perfectly acceptable position for a professional footballer to take and a fact that Spurs fans have never been able to come to terms with. However, Ozil's style of football is perfect for Spurs and he has already won things with Arsenal. His overall performance against Stoke, which is always a hard nut to crack, was superb while his goal was sublime.

Only at Spurs will the fans accommodate players like Ozil. You see, at Spurs it is all about the football while at Arsenal it is all about the winning."

He may as well have said that Ozil should leave Arsenal for Spurs because he looks better in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He may as well have said that Ozil should leave Arsenal for Spurs because he looks better in red.
    I doubt they can afford him anyway.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

He probably said the same about Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira, Adams, RvP, Cesc etc
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Ajax have Dennis and Marc on their staff. Hopefully our next managerial team.