Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It seems as United are in the Europea league that all of a sudden

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Winning it is only about £10m less than the money you get for reaching the last 16 of the champions league
    ManU quoted as having made more money from it this year than they did from the CL in their last year in it.

And given the rubbish they seem to have played getting to the final, you would think we would be strong favourites to make it to the semis at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    it's an important competition.

So I'd say let's go for that won next season it might be fun.

Won we haven't won.

Might have been a weird season at least we are breaking a lot of jinxes in the past 3 games.

Winning the Europa would be a great way to qualify for the CL. So much more exciting than limping home in a distant 4th place. Obviously, that would be a job for a new manager though. Arsene hasn't got a Scooby when it comes to Europe. He'll look down his nose at the Europa League until our title challenge collapses (mid December?). Once he actually decides to try and go for the Europa, we'll be knocked out by the first half decent team we face.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Winning the Europa would be a great way to qualify for the CL. So much more exciting than limping home in a distant 4th place. Obviously, that would be a job for a new manager though. Arsene hasn't got a Scooby when it comes to Europe. He'll look down his nose at the Europa League until our title challenge collapses (mid December?). Once he actually decides to try and go for the Europa, we'll be knocked out by the first half decent team we face.
    Maybe you're being harsh, we'll see a glorious night in Cyprus when we beat APOEL Nicosia 3-1 to sneak through to the QFs where we will meet Hertha Berlin and produce and underwhelming & ultimately unsuccessful attempt, rendering us humiliated and more importantly, out.

We won it in 1970.

But if we do well in the Europa League next year our challenge for the title will never materialise. We should play weakened teams until and unless it gets to the stage where we have a serious chance of winning it.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    If they lose in the final after Mourinho gave up on top 4 despite being only a few points off, it will be one of the more amusing things I've seen in football in some time.

Identify four targets, spend 150mil and lord knows how much per week obtaining them, then finish 6th and miss out on the CL.

I'll enjoy watching the Portugese greaseball talk that into a success story.

Someone tell me Ajax are any good.
    Man Utd will win somehow. They are so ****ing jammy when it comes to cups. I agree though, to see them fail after clearly putting all their bad eggs in the EL basket, well that would be one of the best moments if football for me Clive.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    it's an important competition.

So I'd say let's go for that won next season it might be fun.

Won we haven't won.

Might have been a weird season at least we are breaking a lot of jinxes in the past 3 games.
    That's big clubs for you. Whatever they win is "important".

It would be the same for us. Hopefully though, without the added drama of having to win it to get into the Champions League #fourthplacetrophy
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."