Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 4th place gone

  1. #1

    4th place gone

    Welcome Thursday night football
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

  2. #2
    Yep. It's over. Those pathetic performances at West Brom and Palace.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Yep. It's over. Those pathetic performances at West Brom and Palace.
    We have Agent Chambers on loan at Boro. He'll do us a favour next weekend.

  4. #4
    On the plus side we get to go to some new places on a Thursday!

  5. #5
    Senior Member barrybueno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    O'Neills, Beckenham
    Posts
    18,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Welcome Thursday night football
    Good. **** Wenger and his stupid little proud record. The ****
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    On the plus side we get to go to some new places on a Thursday!
    Won't be changing my living-room just because we're not in the CL.

  7. #7
    I'm usually quite positive but it's over....done and dusted...fat lady has song....fininto....

    5th place and we've only got ourselves to blame.

    Wenger for not implementing the 3-4-3 sooner (he said had been toying with the idea 2 months before)

    Players for genuinely being fkin uselss for all those games...Watford at home, West Brom away, Palace away....no heart, no desire, they just didn't care and our fans were right to slaughter them at Palace.

    One thing though...when Wenger started at the club he inherited a top class defence and we were playing in the UEFA Cup.

    Now 2 decades on it's happening again...

    Cech, Bellerin, Holding, Mustafi, Kos and Monreal are top class in the 3-4-3 system and it's the vagaries of the Europa League for us.

    I wouldn't mind if he stays as long as he keeps building on what we've achieved the last few games with this system but man....I wouldn't say no to Simeone or Allegri right now.

  8. #8
    When all the above is said and done, if we hadn't lost to Liverpoo on the opening day, we would still be heading for 4th place.

    Doomed from day one.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I'm usually quite positive but it's over....done and dusted...fat lady has song....fininto....

    5th place and we've only got ourselves to blame.

    Wenger for not implementing the 3-4-3 sooner (he said had been toying with the idea 2 months before)

    Players for genuinely being fkin uselss for all those games...Watford at home, West Brom away, Palace away....no heart, no desire, they just didn't care and our fans were right to slaughter them at Palace.

    One thing though...when Wenger started at the club he inherited a top class defence and we were playing in the UEFA Cup.

    Now 2 decades on it's happening again...

    Cech, Bellerin, Holding, Mustafi, Kos and Monreal are top class in the 3-4-3 system and it's the vagaries of the Europa League for us.

    I wouldn't mind if he stays as long as he keeps building on what we've achieved the last few games with this system but man....I wouldn't say no to Simeone or Allegri right now.

    3-4-3 has made very little difference and we got the same results we probably would have got in the old formation. We lost to Spurs and looked abject in a 3-4-3. We are too easy to play against when we do not have the ball while not having enough presence further up the pitch to do enough damage often enough, particularly against the better teams.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •