Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4th place gone

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    3-4-3 has made very little difference and we got the same results we probably would have got in the old formation.
    Yes, because we usually beat Mourinho then win at Southampton and Stoke.

3-4-3 has made very little difference and we got the same results we probably would have got in the old formation. We lost to Spurs and looked abject in a 3-4-3. We are too easy to play against when we do not have the ball while not having enough presence further up the pitch to do enough damage often enough, particularly against the better teams.
    Disagree. While we've looked shaky in defense at times i can't remember us being caught on the counter in this formation since it was implemented, which was happening all too often with the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Disagree. While we've looked shaky in defense at times i can't remember us being caught on the counter in this formation since it was implemented, which was happening all too often with the other one.
    I am curious to see how it will work against Chelsea.

Perhaps we will catch each other out. they have had more time using it though.

penalties it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, because we usually beat Mourinho then win at Southampton and Stoke.
    Southampton and Stoke had nothing to play for and ManU made wholesale changes.

City, Middlesboro and Spurs were the games to really take stock of this new formation.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Southampton and Stoke had nothing to play for and ManU made wholesale changes.

City, Middlesboro and Spurs were the games to really take stock of this new formation.
    Middlesboro was the first time we used it and we won. We beat City. Spurs would have beaten us if we had had 12 men, the formation wasn't going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    When all the above is said and done, if we hadn't lost to Liverpoo on the opening day, we would still be heading for 4th place.

Doomed from day one.
    Regardless of which games, we always seem to find a way to avoid getting 80 points.

And even then, the last time we did it, we only finished in third, I think
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."