Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So it turns out that eating raw fish might not have been such a good idea after all

So it turns out that eating raw fish might not have been such a good idea after all

Across the west, millions of unadventurous eaters are feeling quite smug about this, I imagine.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rs-anisakiasis

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Across the west, millions of unadventurous eaters are feeling quite smug about this, I imagine.

So, you get a bit of a worm and feel unwell for a while? It's hardly ebola, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    So, you get a bit of a worm and feel unwell for a while? It's hardly ebola, is it?
    "the condition can also trigger a host of other symptoms including severe allergic reaction, as well as complications such as digestive bleeding, bowel obstruction and peritonitis"

Seems the Congolians have got Ebola again, btw. Naive African immune systems imo.

I've only just started to like it - have to go back to being unadventurous

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I've only just started to like it - have to go back to being unadventurous
    I like Sushi, but am increasingly convinced that most of it basically tastes the same. Apart from some I had in Charlotte, North Carolina once, which was smoked eel, but covered for some reason best known to Americans with barbecue sauce. That tasted shít.

I like Sushi, but am increasingly convinced that most of it basically tastes the same. Apart from some I had in Charlotte, North Carolina once, which was smoked eel, but covered for some reason best known to Americans with barbecue sauce. That tasted shít.
    I have never fully got on the sushi bandwagon.

It’s okay, not offensive, but I have always felt you need to lather on the wasabi or ginger stuff in order to make it taste of anything other than nothing.

Much prefer a good bag of crisps.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have never fully got on the sushi bandwagon.

It’s okay, not offensive, but I have always felt you need to lather on the wasabi or ginger stuff in order to make it taste of anything other than nothing.

Much prefer a good bag of crisps.
    I would generally concur. It's possible, of course, that raw fish just doesn't taste of much.

I would generally concur. It's possible, of course, that raw fish just doesn't taste of much.
    The problem with sushi is that you get a wee bit of fish and a shedload of rice. For sushi I care little.

Sashimi, good sashimi, is an entirely different beast. Sashimi is the good shít.

The problem with sushi is that you get a wee bit of fish and a shedload of rice. For sushi I care little.

Sashimi, good sashimi, is an entirely different beast. Sashimi is the good shít.
    Wasn't massively taken with that either.

Crisps win again.

But it is nonetheless fair to say that in general, raw, non-oily fish has at best a delicate flavour.