Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So after a couple of weeks looking into the EU GDPR I can honestly conclude

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So after a couple of weeks looking into the EU GDPR I can honestly conclude

that it is well shít.

Taken to the full interpretation, compliance seems almost impossible while maintaining essential modern business practices, and the punishment for non-compliance for many enterprises is basically death - in business terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    that it is well shít.

Taken to the full interpretation, compliance seems almost impossible while maintaining essential modern business practices, and the punishment for non-compliance for many enterprises is basically death - in business terms.
    I concur, sadly.

I attended a 3 hour briefing meeting on the upcoming legislation at the GPO yesterday.

After many slides, and admittedly a range of biscuits which I counted as 6 different types, we were then shown a questionnaire matrix to fill in – 23 worksheets in total, multiple Y/N questions on each worksheet.

They then explained that a separate worksheet needed to be filled in for each personal data type / source we held.

So far I have 21 but think I may be able to get rid of 4, there may well be more once I ask others.

This I should add is merely the fact finding element of the project before decisions are made what then needs to be done.

I believe your Teresa May has said the UK will fully undertake and abide by GDPR.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I believe your Teresa May has said the UK will fully undertake and abide by GDPR.
    We'll have to for at least one year. Anyone trading within the EU will have to comply beyond, but those only trading within the UK might kick up a stink and try and get it moved up the the pile of things to revoke once the split is done. Unless she delivers a fake Brexit of course - AKA Soft Brexit. Although any government with the power to vapourise businesses at will will probably enjoy it too much to relinquish. She's supposed to be quite authoritarian by impulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    that it is well shít.

Wenger Out?

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Wenger Out?
    Perhaps it needs a Director of Football?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman