Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: So it turns out that eating raw fish might not have been such a good idea after all

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Water? Lid? You've got steamed meat there, not roast meat!
    *******s, sc.

try it, if only once...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Sticky residues? This stock makes the ideal gravy.

I do appreciate that water / no water in roasts is a moot point. But you is wrong, b.
    That's not stock. That's hot water with some fat and meat juices in it. The stock is made separately using bones from previous roasts and is added after the wine has deglazed the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's not stock. That's hot water with some fat and meat juices in it. The stock is made separately using bones from previous roasts and is added after the wine has deglazed the pan.
    You are over complicating things and too much effort, b.

I wouldn't use water for, say, a forequarter / rib cut. but certainly for the arse end cuts.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Water? Lid? You've got steamed meat there, not roast meat!
    I'd always considered IUFG a decent sort of chap up to now, but it turns out he's a godless barbarian who boils his Sunday roast.

Just goes to show you never can tell imo.

*******s, sc.

try it, if only once...
    I shall do this to my chicken on Sunday.

Now, what you must understand, is that I have to roast a chicken every Sunday. I don't mind roast chicken, but it's not about me, it's about my glw who is simply obsessed with roast chicken. She needs this roast chicken to set her up for the week.

What I'm saying here is, if you fúck up my chicken you mess with my wife, and may the good Lord have mercy upon your soul.

You are over complicating things and too much effort, b.

I wouldn't use water for, say, a forequarter / rib cut. but certainly for the arse end cuts.
    No complexity involved. Every time I cook chicken or any other meat on the bone, I roast the bones, boil them in water with some carrots, onions and celery. Bayleaf, salt and pepper. An hour later, you have stock. When cooled, you decant it into ziplock bags and freeze. Nothing could be simpler.

Now, what you must understand, is that I have to roast a chicken every Sunday. I don't mind roast chicken, but it's not about me, it's about my glw who is simply obsessed with roast chicken. She needs this roast chicken to set her up for the week.

What I'm saying here is, if you fúck up my chicken you mess with my wife, and may the good Lord have mercy upon your soul.
    You're going to give your wife pale boiled chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You're going to give your wife pale boiled chicken?
    I am assured by an HR professional that all will be well. I have faith in i.

You'll be surprised - not too much water now.

And take the lid off 15 mins before the end

I am assured by an HR professional that all will be well. I have faith in i.
    But how can it? The heat can't get to the chicken properly and crisp the skin. This is madness.