Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: So it turns out that eating raw fish might not have been such a good idea after all

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The one in Hertford is a sore point, i. They are closing it and the plan was to move it to a big site in Ware, thus increasing my house price by approximately £20,000 overnight. But Asda of all people have objected to this move, throwing the whole thing into doubt.

As if Waitrose is competition for Asda, ffs!
    Closing it? Housing development?

the missus recently had a relative croak and leave a few quid to her and a few other beneficiaries. The house on Ware Road, just off the A10, went for ****load of money.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did I balls. He's a man I pay to cook my dinner, but I was feeling over emotional due to drink.

I did the same to Michelle Roux senior in Bangkok, actually, and I've never even eaten at his place. Again, I was in drink.
    I stopped and had a chat in the street with Kevin Rowland of Dexys once, very pleasant man. We spoke about their music since their first album and he told me in detail about what was then their imminent release of old Irish songs. We parted essentially as best mates.

Few days later I came across Mike Scott from The Waterboys and encouraged by my new found friendship and ability to easily mingle with bona fide rock stars I approached him. I think he was genuinely frightened. Bit weird too if I am honest.

Sober both times and all.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I stopped and had a chat in the street with Kevin Rowland of Dexys once, very pleasant man. We spoke about their music since their first album and he told me in detail about what was then their imminent release of old Irish songs. We parted essentially as best mates.

Few days later I came across Mike Scott from The Waterboys and encouraged by my new found friendship and ability to easily mingle with bona fide rock stars I approached him. I think he was genuinely frightened. Bit weird too if I am honest.

Sober both times and all.
    Mike Scott is a bit odd. I engaged in a lengthy chat with him on Twitter, which culminated in him calling me a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Mike Scott is a bit odd. I engaged in a lengthy chat with him on Twitter, which culminated in him calling me a liar.
    Had I known this when I met him rest assured I would have decked the fúcker.

Right in the middle of the Powerscourt Centre.