Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: So it turns out that eating raw fish might not have been such a good idea after all

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    My beef leaves no juices in the tin
    All I find are burnt shallots
    Even the fat ****s off

The red jelly is redcurrant Sorry
    If I wish to jazz the gravy up I add a sprig of thyme and pepper
    But surely you leave your meat to rest under foilfor at least 30 minutes, vpv? And you presumably only cook it rare like a good gentleman?

In such circumstances, there should always be a good quantity of juice released, which is indispensable in the gravy.

I'm not sure how I feel about adding jam to gravy, but when feeling playful, I have occasionally been known to add a spoonful of Marmite to it.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I 'played' snooker at a hotel in Kandy. They insisted I paid for a referee. 100 rupees for one hour
    Is there anything better, whilst travelling, than exploiting economically oppressed locals?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Funny **** in a poncey shíthouse on Dame Street pulled this on me one morning as I made my way to work after a more than ample feed of drink the night before.

Nearly broke my fúcking tooth on the thing.
    I'd have shoved the sandwich in his face, sw
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But surely you leave your meat to rest under foilfor at least 30 minutes, vpv? And you presumably only cook it rare like a good gentleman?

In such circumstances, there should always be a good quantity of juice released, which is indispensable in the gravy.

I'm not sure how I feel about adding jam to gravy, but when feeling playful, I have occasionally been known to add a spoonful of Marmite to it.
    I think the mistake I make is to seal the meat first of all
    Like it says on the back of the packet

Playful = pissed ?

For a flamboyant dash of joire de vivre Worcester Sauce might work
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is there anything better, whilst travelling, than exploiting economically oppressed locals?
    I gave a maid a 500 rupee tip. Her boss ripped it from her hand and it gave it back to me. He said it was too much as it was over a day's wages for her.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I think the mistake I make is to seal the meat first of all
    Like it says on the back of the packet

Playful = pissed ?

For a flamboyant dash of joire de vivre Worcester Sauce might work
    There is no need to seal the meat. First of all, it does no such thing, it merely creates a bit of caramelisation. Second, the same effect is achieved by giving the ****er 20 minutes at full blast in the oven before turning it down.

There is no need to seal the meat. First of all, it does no such thing, it merely creates a bit of caramelisation. Second, the same effect is achieved by giving the ****er 20 minutes at full blast in the oven before turning it down.
    I will follow your advice either this Sunday or next Sunday if chicken wins the race for the nearest one

Please do not laugh but I have also tried rubbing a mixture of flour and mustard powder onto the fat layer at the start
    Shall I just pepper it ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I will follow your advice either this Sunday or next Sunday if chicken wins the race for the nearest one

Please do not laugh but I have also tried rubbing a mixture of flour and mustard powder onto the fat layer at the start
    Shall I just pepper it ?
    No, that's OK (although I'm never sure how much flavour the mustard powder actually imparts, tbh). You should certainly salt and pepper it, though.

Have you a meat thermometer? If so, throw the ghastly thing away, since they lie and want you to cremate your meat.

My beef leaves no juices in the tin
    All I find are burnt shallots
    Even the fat ****s off
    Put half an inch of water in the bottom of the roasting dish. Put the top lid on. Your beef will be as juicy and tender as ****.

And you'll have enough juice / water / fat to make a gravy.

No, that's OK (although I'm never sure how much flavour the mustard powder actually imparts, tbh). You should certainly salt and pepper it, though.

Have you a meat thermometer? If so, throw the ghastly thing away, since they lie and want you to cremate your meat.
    You're going to see some thermometer action this weekend, mind.