Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: So it turns out that eating raw fish might not have been such a good idea after all

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Wasn't massively taken with that either.

Crisps win again.
    I don't think it's really fair to compare anything to crisps, though, sw. Crisps are the greatest foodstuff on earth, after all.

Crisps win again.

Yes, but you are aware that crisps are full of oils (fat) and salt, aren't you? Not going to assist you with maintaining a svelte & athletic physique.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But it is nonetheless fair to say that in general, raw, non-oily fish has at best a delicate flavour.
    You say, 'delicate flavour' as if that's a bad thing. There is a time and a place for big punchy flavours, and a time for delicacy, is there not? We aren't operating single note palates, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes, but you are aware that crisps are full of oils (fat) and salt, aren't you? Not going to assist you with maintaining a svelte & athletic physique.
    Your body functions without fat or salt? You're a scientific miracle, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The problem with sushi is that you get a wee bit of fish and a shedload of rice.
    Sushi is vinegared rice. So you'll get a lot of rice; that is what sushi is.

Sashimi is raw fish or meat.

HTH
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

HTH
    Thank you, Sensei.

You say, 'delicate flavour' as if that's a bad thing. There is a time and a place for big punchy flavours, and a time for delicacy, is there not? We aren't operating single note palates, surely?
    Well, no. But - and here's the key thing for me - would that delicate flavour not be better served by being lightly fried and served with a beurre noisette? In other words, is raw fish as good as cooked fish? For me, the answer is no.

Thank you, Sensei.
    previously worked for a Japanese company, sc-san. :bowwhilsthandingbusinesscardwithtwohands:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

HTH
    OooooooooooOOOOOOOH! Check out Mr Miyagi over here!

Crisps win again.
    Crisps or spuds ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.