Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Weller album today of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Would you rather watch a fillum or a football match in a high definition video format or on a grainy, low-bandwidth stream? It's the same principle.

Parallels to other arts like gastronomy could also be made. Personally I don't give a flying phuck about 'faine daining' but if people appreciate the difference in quality then fair play to them.
    You mean there's a difference in quality between CDs and streaming? I guess I qualify for the dead ear category because I've never noticed it. Sounds great to me

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Enjoy sw.

Leftfield tonight AND tomorrow night for me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39870759

"The speakers were so loud your eyeballs would vibrate"

Deaf by Sunday

Lovely. I was going to ask if the gig was simply a representation of the album in sequence but the interview has answered that.

Is the concert a faithful rendition of the album?
    NB: It is, but all the tracks are expanded. Some of them are 12 minutes long now.

Song of Life.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You mean there's a difference in quality between CDs and streaming? I guess I qualify for the dead ear category because I've never noticed it. Sounds great to me
    You can hum a tune in the bath and enjoy it, and ham & cheese sandwiches are a great-tasting meal to me, and that's all good.

With basic speakers you might not notice much difference between formats, and of course ear buds are an utter abomination to audio quality. If doing an AB test between a non-lossy (CD, even more so Vinyl) and a lossy (MP3) through decent amp and speakers, starting with the non-lossy, when you switch to the lossy you feel the need to turn it up to be able to hear it properly, and you keep turning it up and up but it is never there. Because it isn't there.

Of course it may also be true that one needs an 'ear' to notice differences in audio quality. I have no idea what the universe sounds like without an 'ear'.
    Last edited by Ash; 05-12-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Almost got in a fight meaning there would have been a fight had

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    cause I almost got in a fight when we beat them 2-1 last season.
    you not been cowering in the latrines, pretending to need a ****, like the big transgender maple syrup licking cissy boy you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    you not been cowering in the latrines, pretending to need a ****, like the big transgender maple syrup licking cissy boy you are.
    Ouch! Herbie appears from nowhere and dives in two footed.

Watch it, Java geek, one more of those and I may have to kill you. Or worse, take away your xBox.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    ... and of course ear buds are an utter abomination to audio quality.
    You've obviously only tried the cheaper (wrong) wons, a.

Klipsch do an excellent range of in-ears. As do Grado.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”