Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Weller album today of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I went for the vinyl edition, so i can use the sleeve to wipe my arse when i run out of toilet paper.
    Fair play, made me laugh.

Name on the list all the same, I am sure you realise this.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Are you making that number up, Ash? I'm always amazed at what I can find on Spotify. In fact, I can't remember the last time I wanted to listen to something and it wasn't on Spotify.
    I think he means the "music" that doesn't show up when listening to mp3s and whatnot.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

That's three things I hate about Woking; Weller, Woking itself and their hockey team.

Weller cause he looks like an ageing lesbian, Woking cause it's a dump and their hockey team cause I almost got in a fight when we beat them 2-1 last season.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Are you making that number up, Ash? I'm always amazed at what I can find on Spotify. In fact, I can't remember the last time I wanted to listen to something and it wasn't on Spotify.
    I'm referring to the loss of audio information in mp3 compression, not the number of tracks on Spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, audio hipster nerds, you mean? Thanks for clearing that up.
    Would you rather watch a fillum or a football match in a high definition video format or on a grainy, low-bandwidth stream? It's the same principle.

Parallels to other arts like gastronomy could also be made. Personally I don't give a flying phuck about 'faine daining' but if people appreciate the difference in quality then fair play to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Would you rather watch a fillum or a football match in a high definition video format or on a grainy, low-bandwidth stream? It's the same principle.

Parallels to other arts like gastronomy could also be made. Personally I don't give a flying phuck about 'faine daining' but if people appreciate the difference in quality then fair play to them.
    I want it in the most convenient and accessible format that still allows me to enjoy it.

I want it in the most convenient and accessible format that still allows me to enjoy it.
    We're on about music; leave your mum out of this, please.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Fine. No need to sneer at others then, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm referring to the loss of audio information in mp3 compression, not the number of tracks on Spotify.
    You put it so much better, of course

Enjoy sw.

Leftfield tonight AND tomorrow night for me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39870759

"The speakers were so loud your eyeballs would vibrate"

Deaf by Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    So, what formats did everybody go for in the end???

Personally opted for now for the triple CD deluxe thing:

29-track special edition 3-CD set packaged in an 8-panel card wallet including:
    Lyric booklet.
    CD1: 10-track album, A Kind Revolution.
    CD2: 10-track album, A Kind Revolution - the instrumentals.
    CD3: remixes and alternate versions of track from A Kind Revolution, plus non-album bonus track Alpha.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”