Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Asian woman on Masterchef is making me increasingly angry.

The Asian woman on Masterchef is making me increasingly angry.

She's done what a lot of Asian contestants do and played to her strengths in the early rounds - namely Asian food. Fair enough, but in the past, the judges have demanded that such contestants show they can do other things. This, traditionally, has been where such contestants fall down. This year, however, the woman has been allowed to cook Asian food in every single competitive round (I'm not counting the South African episode as there was no discernible point to that whatsoever). In all this time, no-one has pointed out that she hasn't shown any ability to do anything other than Indian-style food. She's now in the final and if she isn't tested there, I will be outraged.
    Last edited by Burney; 05-12-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    She's done what a lot of Asian contestants do and played to her strengths in the early rounds - namely Asian food. Fair enough, but in the past, the judges have demanded that such contestants show they can do other things. This, traditionally, has been where such contestants fall down. This year, however, the woman has been allowed to cook Asian food in every single round competitive round (I'm not counting the South African episode as there was no discernible point to that whatsoever). In all this time, no-one has pointed out that she hasn't shown any ability to do anything other than Indian-style food. She's now in the final and if she isn't tested there, I will be outraged.
    Multiculturalism, isn't it? Or, to put it another way, the systematic, politically-driven destruction of British culture.

Blair and his leftards must be utterly thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Multiculturalism, isn't it? Or, to put it another way, the systematic, politically-driven destruction of British culture.

It's not as bad as Fumbi in the earlier round. Fumbi couldn't cook at all, but managed to squeak through two rounds by being black.

In fairness, Blair has admitted that that's all bannicks.

A little too late for some, of course, but still ..

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

She's done what a lot of Asian contestants do and played to her strengths in the early rounds - namely Asian food. Fair enough, but in the past, the judges have demanded that such contestants show they can do other things. This, traditionally, has been where such contestants fall down. This year, however, the woman has been allowed to cook Asian food in every single competitive round (I'm not counting the South African episode as there was no discernible point to that whatsoever). In all this time, no-one has pointed out that she hasn't shown any ability to do anything other than Indian-style food. She's now in the final and if she isn't tested there, I will be outraged.
    I am led to believe the exiting of the Irish girl is a disgrace / fix etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    She was a stone cold killer.

I would.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    She made rice with chicken livers accompanied by pineapple, yellow pepper puree and beetroot puree. It sounded disgusting.

Also, I suppose it simplifies things enormously if you only have to number your dishes, rather than name them.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I would.
    Yes, although I found the lump on her forehead distressing. I kept wondering why she didn't brush her hair the other way to cover it up.

I would.
    PIC :standards: