Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xhaka is going to be tremendous imo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Never had a bad word to say about the chap, can see the quality is there. Do believe he'll be quite the player next season alongside Santi
    Don't see that happening myself, especially in this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Don't see that happening myself, especially in this system.
    I very much doubt we'll continue with this system with Santi in the team. AW will revert to type

I very much doubt we'll continue with this system with Santi in the team. AW will revert to type
    Isn't Santi Finnish, though? His injuries seemes to have reached the Jack Wheelchair cycle.

If we win the next 3 games and the cup final you reckon he goes back to the old formation? I think that would be quite a shocking decision if it happens.

If we win the next 3 games and the cup final you reckon he goes back to the old formation? I think that would be quite a shocking decision if it happens.
    Win our next three games and the cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Win our next three games and the cup final.
    I looked at our results last night and was shocked to see we'd won 5 of the last 6 games. The performances haven't really given the impression that we're playing well enough to win that many.

I looked at our results last night and was shocked to see we'd won 5 of the last 6 games. The performances haven't really given the impression that we're playing well enough to win that many.
    We've done well recently, there is no question. Last night was a case in point; we didn't look amazing going forward in the first half as we kept it sensible and ensured we went in level, then stepped it up in the second. All good and professional, we can't complain about that. But to think we'll win at Stoke and beat Chelsea at Wembley... nah. Just, nah.

We've done well recently, there is no question. Last night was a case in point; we didn't look amazing going forward in the first half as we kept it sensible and ensured we went in level, then stepped it up in the second. All good and professional, we can't complain about that. But to think we'll win at Stoke and beat Chelsea at Wembley... nah. Just, nah.
    I can't remember us going to Stoke when they've been this ****/in such poor form. I think we have a better chance of getting a win than in previous years. Should be decent weather too

Chelsea are rubbish, I heard. They don't actually play any football or keep possession or anything; they just keep winning games. Basically like Leicester City last season.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

More shocking than changing a formation he stuck to for 20 years?