Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xhaka is going to be tremendous imo

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    If we win the next 3 games and the cup final you reckon he goes back to the old formation? I think that would be quite a shocking decision if it happens.
    More shocking than changing a formation he stuck to for 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Assuming AW stays... will be interesting to see if he signs players who suit a 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 (or whatever formation you want to call them)

By the way, he didn't play the last formation for 20 years, he changed it to that to fit Cesc into the team imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Believe it was quite a commonly held view now tbh.

I am not suggesting Pat Vegas was among them and I apologise if my comment was read as such.
    I thought you were accusing him of, well, being like Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Assuming AW stays... will be interesting to see if he signs players who suit a 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 (or whatever formation you want to call them)

By the way, he didn't play the last formation for 20 years, he changed it to that to fit Cesc into the team imo
    Okay Mr Pedantic, a defensive formation (which for the record you knew well I meant).

That's a fair point, but he has changed it now and it has sort of worked. Far easier to go back if this formation failed miserably. It's probably the only thing that would keep the WENGER OUT people on his side were he to stay. If he goes back to the old one they'll immediately start moaning again after the first bad result.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We've done well recently, there is no question. Last night was a case in point; we didn't look amazing going forward in the first half as we kept it sensible and ensured we went in level, then stepped it up in the second. All good and professional, we can't complain about that. But to think we'll win at Stoke and beat Chelsea at Wembley... nah. Just, nah.
    Chelsea are rubbish, I heard. They don't actually play any football or keep possession or anything; they just keep winning games. Basically like Leicester City last season.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I thought you were accusing him of, well, being like Rich
    Not at all, and as before I apologise to Pat Vegas for the slur.

There has however been fairly round criticism of the Swiss Albanian, certainly during the period when we were truly ****. I suppose his relatively large transfer fee played a part and the sometimes naive expectation which comes with that.

Perhaps Wenger has found the midfield combination he sought all season, aided by his stumbling upon a defensive formation which affords them better cover to suit their dual qualities.

The lad Xhaka played a pass out to Gibbs (I think) first half on Sunday which had this viewer reaching for the Sky+ remote to rewind it a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Chelsea are rubbish, I heard. They don't actually play any football or keep possession or anything; they just keep winning games. Basically like Leicester City last season.
    Cesc is going to lay us down and make sweet, sweet love to our bottoms. Dry.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    While scoring loads of goals and looking miles better than anything else in this country.....
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Not at all, and as before I apologise to Pat Vegas for the slur.

There has however been fairly round criticism of the Swiss Albanian, certainly during the period when we were truly ****. I suppose his relatively large transfer fee played a part and the sometimes naive expectation which comes with that.

Perhaps Wenger has found the midfield combination he sought all season, aided by his stumbling upon a defensive formation which affords them better cover to suit their dual qualities.

The lad Xhaka played a pass out to Gibbs (I think) first half on Sunday which had this viewer reaching for the Sky+ remote to rewind it a few times.
    That is from thick ****s, of whom we attract an abundance.

There are those who do not appreciate the football stylings of Aaron Ramsey, for example.