Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just seen the leaked Labour manifesto. Corbyn wants you all

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Because they crave echo chambers where their views go largely unchallenged. They have learnt absolutely nothing from losing the 2015 election and the Brexit referendum and, rather than emerge from their echo chambers to engage with those with different views, have retreated further into them
    Twitter is brilliant for finding people who agree with you and having a circle jerk. Also comes with the benefit of being able to mute or block those whose views don't align with yours.

Because they crave echo chambers where their views go largely unchallenged. They have learnt absolutely nothing from losing the 2015 election and the Brexit referendum and, rather than emerge from their echo chambers to engage with those with different views, have retreated further into them
    In fairness, I do remember somebody many years ago predicting that social media would lead to major advances for conservative politics, contrary to the belief that it would mostly benefit the Left.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Twitter is brilliant for finding people who agree with you and having a circle jerk. Also comes with the benefit of being able to mute or block those whose views don't align with yours.
    The consequence of this is that on June 9th there will actually be people who are surprised when the electorate hands Corbyn his arse. This can only happen when people are hiding from reality. As I said to someone the other day: If you keep being surprised by the results of popular votes, there's a good chance you exist in an echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Only if you're that sort in the first place though. Personally,
    I rarely have anything to do with anyone whose views I like or agree with #22000posts
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Have to say that if Social media was the barometer of voters then Labour would win by a landslide. I wonder they are so more prevalent on social media?
    I continually make the mistake of keeping an eye on what the leftists are saying, and it simply scares me.

So many deluded loons. So many!

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In fairness, I do remember somebody many years ago predicting that social media would lead to major advances for conservative politics, contrary to the belief that it would mostly benefit the Left.

Whoever said that was very perceptive. It certainly has provided a workaround that allows views that are at odds with the prevalent mainstream media agenda to be widely disseminated and discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I continually make the mistake of keeping an eye on what the leftists are saying, and it simply scares me.

So many deluded loons. So many!
    Has Mr Harvey been holding forth again?

Whoever said that was very perceptive. It certainly has provided a workaround that allows views that are at odds with the prevalent mainstream media agenda to be widely disseminated and discussed.
    It's true. I mean, I'm actually surprised when I see someone tweeting something that goes against currently allowable thought; I'm a bit like Winston Smith reading the book.

Has Mr Harvey been holding forth again?
    I've no idea, I disconnected from reading his nonsense some years ago.

Oddly, I met someone the other night who, quite by coincidence, works with him. "Is he still a sanctimonious little ****?" I enquired. The answer was, of course, in the affirmative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've no idea, I disconnected from reading his nonsense some years ago.

Oddly, I met someone the other night who, quite by coincidence, works with him. "Is he still a sanctimonious little ****?" I enquired. The answer was, of course, in the affirmative.
    That is of course the other left wing trait, they are incredibly preachy.