Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top 4 betting...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    And there in lies the problem.... we could miss out this year and then fail to gte back in it for the next 10, nobody knows. That is why I don't understand why people wouldnm't care if we were in it or not..... 10 years of lower income would have a serious impact on the football side of our club
    It's about the the dichotomy of the fan's emotions, I guess. As a fan, I'd selfishly rather we didn't have to play in any European competition and could concentrate solely on the league. However, I also recognise that from the point of view of the club's long-term wellbeing, that point of view is totally fücking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, if you argue that we aren't spending our money well or in sufficient quantities, then you may have a point. However, you were arguing that we as a club don't need 30 million-odd quid of income, which is plainly silly.
    Yes, I was making the point that we don't spend enough of it and don't seem to spend it very well, so giving us more of it will make little difference. Which is slightly flippant, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    We must have *some* chance of winning it, surely?
    I don't think so, not playing the way we want to, the way we do.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I don't think so, not playing the way we want to, the way we do.
    Not as long as Wenger is the manager, you mean?

I would agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Not as long as Wenger is the manager, you mean?

I would agree with that.
    I think you're only allowed to say that if you've also been saying it for the past ten or so years
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think you're only allowed to say that if you've also been saying it for the past ten or so years
    Does 7 years fall within 'ten years or so'?

The year that Almunia started the season as our first choice keeper then got injured and Szczers came in. That was the season I gave up on Wenger.

Not being in the CL didn't seem to stop Man U from executing the most expensive signing in history. Or getting zlatan

More generally I agree having the cash is more important than not having it