Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 4 betting...

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Oh, I'd say about 10 or so, including our very own SW, Arsemart and Ciaran.

Last results I saw we had £250mil in cash with a projection that we would hit 300mil later this year. If we aren't going to spend it, we don't really need it.
    You work in the finance industry and, with a straight face, can suggest that a business with a healthy cash balance doesn't 'need' an additional £20 mill?

God. Help. Us. All.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    "we don't need the money" show me any nbusiness that would be happy to turn down the income the CL brings and I will show you a business that is going to go bust.

CL football gives us income, better chance of attracting better players, sponsor money..... you really do seem to know **** all about football
    From what i can tell we earned around €45m from it last year. We can't really be turning our nose up at that.

"we don't need the money" show me any nbusiness that would be happy to turn down the income the CL brings and I will show you a business that is going to go bust.

CL football gives us income, better chance of attracting better players, sponsor money..... you really do seem to know **** all about football
    Or about business. Or finance. Or, God help us, a household budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You work in the finance industry and, with a straight face, can suggest that a business with a healthy cash balance doesn't 'need' an additional £20 mill?

God. Help. Us. All.
    I care about the finances of Arsenal Football Club only to the extent that they impact the football itself.

Having a cash balance of 290mil instead of 260mil doesn't improve the football, I'm afraid.

Oh, I'd say about 10 or so, including our very own SW, Arsemart and Ciaran.

Last results I saw we had £250mil in cash with a projection that we would hit 300mil later this year. If we aren't going to spend it, we don't really need it.
    What you seem to have done there is to confuse the ill-considered feelings of football fans with the motivations and imperatives of a multi-million pound business.

I care about the finances of Arsenal Football Club only to the extent that they impact the football itself.

Having a cash balance of 290mil instead of 260mil doesn't improve the football, I'm afraid.
    Cash reserves are £100m

You don't think that the additional £30 mill improives our options in the transfer market? Allows us the option to buy more expensive players at greater salaries?

You're not entirely sure how this money stuff works, are you?

If you send Mrs wes to the shop to buy you some of that grain-fed mush you call steak, 10 pence won't get her very far, but £20 will result in you gnashing your gums on a lovely gobbet of vaguely meat-flavoured mulch and bring you happiness. That's all you need to remember

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What you seem to have done there is to confuse the ill-considered feelings of football fans with the motivations and imperatives of a multi-million pound business.
    I haven't confused them at all. Quite the opposite, I have recognized that because I am only really interested in the football aspect of the club, I'm indifferent to the size of the club's cash balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Cash reserves are £100m
    Possibly you're confusing reserves and balance.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...celona-8968436

Businesses go bust all the time; it's no biggy.

Just sayin'.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."