Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Mustafi looked very good last night, more like the Mustafi at the beginning of the

Mustafi looked very good last night, more like the Mustafi at the beginning of the

season. Mustafi/Kos/Holding could be a very good back 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    season. Mustafi/Kos/Holding could be a very good back 3.
    Gabriel looks strong in the back three as well. Per will go in the summer and so we will have to bring in at least one new CB because we need 5/6 of them if we're going to consistently play three at the back.

That being said, Monreal/Chambers could do a job. In fact, I think it would suit Chambers quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Gabriel looks strong in the back three as well. Per will go in the summer and so we will have to bring in at least one new CB because we need 5/6 of them if we're going to consistently play three at the back.

That being said, Monreal/Chambers could do a job. In fact, I think it would suit Chambers quite well.
    Mertesacker just signed a new contract, R. He's now the club water boy.

The fashion does seem to be to have a full back in there as part of the three, doesn't it, maybe because of their extra pace?. I gather Chiellini started out there too, so here's hoping Chambers can emulate him.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Mertesacker just signed a new contract, R. He's now the club water boy.
    FFS! WHY?! He's probably taking home 100k a week. We're being robbed.

Ahh but according to WES, we don't spend the money anyway so it doesn't matter if we give it away
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

If he's paid £100k a week, Rich, it is what he is worth. The market is always right. See also: Ivan Gazidis, Theon Walcott etc...