Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spurs shelve £67m hotel construction.

Spurs shelve £67m hotel construction.

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/p...019739.article

What amazes me is how they'd planned to fill a 180 room 4-star hotel in the first place. Shirley you can't run a hotel on 26-odd nights a year plus a couple of NFL games, especially when the nearest tube station is one and a half miles away through one of the worst parts of London.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/p...019739.article

What amazes me is how they'd planned to fill a 180 room 4-star hotel in the first place. Shirley you can't run a hotel on 26-odd nights a year plus a couple of NFL games, especially when the nearest tube station is one and a half miles away through one of the worst parts of London.
    I couldn't think of many worse places to stay in london... as you say, crap area, poor transport and wrong end of the 7 sisters road
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Pretty sure that never intended to. Remember the one thing that they have always been better at than us is PR. From signing Rivaldo/Ronaldo/Ronaldinho etc. through to convincing the media that they are moving not just renovating, they have always been the masters of the Dark Art of PR.

There will be many changes to the plan before they ever get to play there (if they ever do), the only thing that they won't change is the capacity. It is vital to them to appear bigger than us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Pretty sure that never intended to. Remember the one thing that they have always been better at than us is PR. From signing Rivaldo/Ronaldo/Ronaldinho etc. through to convincing the media that they are moving not just renovating, they have always been the masters of the Dark Art of PR.

There will be many changes to the plan before they ever get to play there (if they ever do), the only thing that they won't change is the capacity. It is vital to them to appear bigger than us.

Depends if they run out of money or not, I can see them burying a story on some very bad news day about a reduction to 55k or less

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Depends if they run out of money or not, I can see them burying a story on some very bad news day about a reduction to 55k or less
    I think they'd rather risk it falling down than build a smaller capacity stadium than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I don't think so! They would rather have a ground with no pitch than one that is smaller than us. You forget just how wildly obessed they are.

I don't think so! They would rather have a ground with no pitch than one that is smaller than us. You forget just how wildly obessed they are.
    A man who keeps banging on about how they manipulate the media and what a difference between "moving" and "renovating" makes (and they certainly aren't just renovating), probably best not to mention obsession

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    A man who keeps banging on about how they manipulate the media and what a difference between "moving" and "renovating" makes (and they certainly aren't just renovating), probably best not to mention obsession
    To paraphrase someone...

'All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to say nothing'

That's how they have got away with it for years, it's not paranoia if it's true.....etc. etc.

To paraphrase someone...

'All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to say nothing'

That's how they have got away with it for years, it's not paranoia if it's true.....etc. etc.
    I'm very sure Burke had people referring to this very thing when he said it

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm very sure Burke had people referring to this very thing when he said it
    Wouldn't he be too busy grave robbing in Edinburgh with Mr Hare....or am I confused of Crowborough!