Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Arsenal at White Hart lane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arsenal at White Hart lane

http://zapsportz.com/its-not-just-sp...l-fans-do-too/

Great article (I would say that!) with plenty to use against any crowing Spud friends.

On viewing the League Cup semi replay from 1987, I was struck by how much has changed in 30 years and will be doing a follow up article about it tomorrow, I 'spotted'

1. A semi-final replay - no away goals or pens
    2. The backpasses being picked up by the 'keepers - my 13 year old son was going apoplectic
    3. The fences - did we really accept those! if we had had then at Highbury the ending to the 2nd leg 1988 semi vs Everton would have been very different
    4. No live TV. The first two legs were on, but there was moving Corrie or 'stenders in those days.

If anybody can spot anything else (not the fashion!!) that makes this match look like it's from another age, please let me know and I'll try and drop it in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    If anybody can spot anything else (not the fashion!!) that makes this match look like it's from another age, please let me know and I'll try and drop it in the article.
    State of the pitch
    Age of the ref
    No names on shirts
    No branding on shirts

Great article (I would say that!) with plenty to use against any crowing Spud friends.

On viewing the League Cup semi replay from 1987, I was struck by how much has changed in 30 years and will be doing a follow up article about it tomorrow, I 'spotted'

2. The backpasses being picked up by the 'keepers - my 13 year old son was going apoplectic
    3. The fences - did we really accept those! if we had had then at Highbury the ending to the 2nd leg 1988 semi vs Everton would have been very different
    4. No live TV. The first two legs were on, but there was moving Corrie or 'stenders in those days.

Short shorts!
    And of course terraces
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Us winning