Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Journo types seem to think it'll be one of

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    South African, innit.
    I see, are you suggesting that IG and Richard are from different, perhaps warring, tribes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Tell me what you've gleaned from your days of shadowing him and I'll tell you my reasons.
    So on the basis of no evidence at all, you know he does nothing and is overpaid? I have indeed not shadowed him, but the evidence on my side is that i) such a business does not run itself, so he must be doing something, and ii) the board of directors see fit to pay him such a salary, so one imagines that they consider him worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Always hated him anyway. Good riddance. And we don't need a DoF either. Wenger has shown that he can change and can win things in the last few weeks. And it looks like we might scrape into the top 4 after all.
    Shown he can change and win things... we have beaten 1 decent side and he went back to a back 4 at Spurs when we were 2-0 down..... and how do you see us getting into the top 4?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Why do you hate him?

Always struck me as a rather anonymous Chief Exec figure, prone to the odd utter silly *******s quote to the media, but not really meddling in football affairs - which is essentially what one wants from that position in a football club.

The rest of your post is nonsense so I applaud your consistency in this respect.
    Smarmy chap that has allowed Wenger too much freedom over the last few years.

He's the smarmy chap that AW interviewed
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    #teamivan!!
    I have never understood the rush to hang Ivan out or make him scapegoat.

As a board we are unaware of them directly meddling in football affairs (unless they signed Lucas Perez to appease fans), also we are unaware (to date) of them ever withholding funds from the manager in respect of team strengthening.

Easier to 'blame' then AW for some all the same.

So you are suggesting he is gotten rid of by the club while retaining and still allowing Wenger the same degree of freedom as witnessed by your assertion that the club does not need a DoF - despite you, indeed none of us, knowing the full terms of reference for what a DoF would be expected to bring to the football club.

You thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    So on the basis of no evidence at all, you know he does nothing and is overpaid? I have indeed not shadowed him, but the evidence on my side is that i) such a business does not run itself, so he must be doing something, and ii) the board of directors see fit to pay him such a salary, so one imagines that they consider him worth it.
    Your "evidence" is not evidence. Your are just saying that because something is, it must be good. For starters he gets paid over twice what the Liverpool equivalent gets paid. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Your "evidence" is not evidence. Your are just saying that because something is, it must be good. For starters he gets paid over twice what the Liverpool equivalent gets paid. Why?
    Is it because we make twice as much money as Liverpool?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."