Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I tired to fix the dishwasher!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But surely you rinse first? This is the key to long dishwasher life imo.
    A wee bit like hosing down your car before you take it to the carwash surely.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    A wee bit like hosing down your car before you take it to the carwash surely.
    Not really. There are enclosed spaces and plumbing going on, which raises the question of what happens to all the gunk and crap? I have bad memories of visiting my dear parents' house where rinsing does not happen and the glasses seem to have bits of last week's dinner attached to them.

In my home the dishwasher has never worked and I have washed up by hand for the last ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    incorrect, you shouldn't need to rinse on modern washers... it will be the crap hard water down there that finishes it off
    Is there any chance that you might be able to post on a thread one day without doing the whole professional northerner thing?

(Actually, I have just had an electro-magnet thing installed on the boiler that is supposed to help protect the boiler and washing machine from the hard water.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not really. There are enclosed spaces and plumbing going on, which raises the question of what happens to all the gunk and crap? I have bad memories of visiting my dear parents' house where rinsing does not happen and the glasses seem to have bits of last week's dinner attached to them.

In my home the dishwasher has never worked and I have washed up by hand for the last ten years.
    I actually find washing up at the end of the evening quite therapeutic. Of course I haven't actually done any for years

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

The gunk and **** just gets diluted in the process and runs away through the associated drainage plan.

I'm not suggesting you leave the bone from your lamb chop in now, one scrapes but not rinses.