Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh! May and Corbyn are going to have a 'Leaders' debate'

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The first 5 players on that list would be arrested for assault after their first tackle these days

Sammy Nelson was probably mentally unwell, in retrospect. He enjoyed hurting people.
    And Graham Rix might be checking out the ball girls to see if any were suitable
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Technically correct in that those 11 players all took part but Nelson was sub - controversially dropped for John Devine. Then arguably more controversially made the 12th man meaning when we were looking for a game changer we were faced with just swapping left backs. I was 8 and could tell that was a bad move

Parkes, Stewart, Bonds, Martin, Lampard, Pearson, Allen ( ), Brooking, Devonshire, Pike, Cross since you ask

couldn't get the West Ham subs though - Paul Brush
    Ooh, I had a vague recollection of Devine playing but didn't have the strength of my convictions to go with it. A lesson to be learnt there la.

Brooking

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Technically correct in that those 11 players all took part but Nelson was sub - controversially dropped for John Devine. Then arguably more controversially made the 12th man meaning when we were looking for a game changer we were faced with just swapping left backs. I was 8 and could tell that was a bad move

Parkes, Stewart, Bonds, Martin, Lampard, Pearson, Allen ( ), Brooking, Devonshire, Pike, Cross since you ask

couldn't get the West Ham subs though - Paul Brush
    The current crop would be proud to defend like that for the goal...

Last edited by IUFG; 05-08-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its not a debate is it? I thought it was just taking audience questions, separately?

May has done well to avoid it. She isn't remotely impressive or warm and is bloody miles ahead. Corbyn would probably make himself look even worse in a debate but she doesn't need that.
    Oh, well in that case fair enough. It'll make feck all difference anyway. I quite liked the thing in the French presidential debate where there was no audience and minimal mediation by the host. Nobody needs the audience clapping like performing seals and getting all puffed up because they're getting to ask a question.

Ooh, I had a vague recollection of Devine playing but didn't have the strength of my convictions to go with it. A lesson to be learnt there la.

Brooking

I seem to recall the European loss a few days later hurting more.

The glamour of Europe, Kempes and Bonhof, us not being utter shít (unlike at Wembley), then the penalties, Liam’s last ever kick of a ball for us etc.

Devastated I was.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

The glamour of Europe, Kempes and Bonhof, us not being utter shít (unlike at Wembley), then the penalties, Liam’s last ever kick of a ball for us etc.

Devastated I was.
    Yes. It was particularly painful standing at Heysel

For some obscure reason I ended up on a charter flight out of Southend... with the supporter's club.

There were deviants on that aeroplane.

Devastated I was.
    Di Stefano was their manager. I had no idea at the time.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Di Stefano was their manager. I had no idea at the time.
    Nor I.

I wager LA did. Probably kneeled down on his sitting room floor with his special Di Stefano scrapbook.

Yes. It was particularly painful standing at Heysel

For some obscure reason I ended up on a charter flight out of Southend... with the supporter's club.

There were deviants on that aeroplane.
    Are there still such things as supporters' clubs? Or do they call them something slightly less redolent of meat paste sandwiches and blow-up sex dolls these days?

I wager LA did.
    nerd-like levels of knowledge