Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh! May and Corbyn are going to have a 'Leaders' debate'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    None. That's the point, I think, from May's point of view. She wants to minimise the threat from the LibDems by painting them as irrelevant.
    Oh, I thought that in terms of trying to be seen as impartial or whatever they had to invite all and sundry on instead of just giving a national platform to two.

A high risk strategy from T May.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It worked out well for Nick Clegg... oh

I do agree they are pointless though - maybe they could actually just do an episode of Pointless instead. I would vote for someone who could get all the pointless answers from players who played in the 1980 cup final
    Jennings, Rice, O'Leary, Young ( ) Nelson, Talbot, Brady, Rix, Price, Sunderland, Stapleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Jennings, Rice, O'Leary, Young ( ) Nelson, Talbot, Brady, Rix, Price, Sunderland, Stapleton.
    a great side...you wouldn't get many of that lot pansying about like our current crop of powder-puff tarts.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    a great side...you wouldn't get many of that lot pansying about like our current crop of powder-puff tarts.
    The first 5 players on that list would be arrested for assault after their first tackle these days

Sammy Nelson was probably mentally unwell, in retrospect. He enjoyed hurting people.

None. That's the point, I think, from May's point of view. She wants to minimise the threat from the LibDems by painting them as irrelevant.
    Ah right - then there will be other "debates" with figures from the parties just not the top bods

People say he has a kind face, which I find odd, given that he is a snaggle-toothed communist with a penchant for enslaving humanity.
    He gets peevish, nasty and sort of feral when put under pressure, though. If that side of him comes out, he'll be even more fūcked. And he's not terribly clever, so there's every chance he'll get wound up.

I'd really hoped that we were going to avoid this sort of crap altogether. It's so utterly ghastly and American and I cannot seriously believe it's going to change the way anyone at all votes.
    Its not a debate is it? I thought it was just taking audience questions, separately?

May has done well to avoid it. She isn't remotely impressive or warm and is bloody miles ahead. Corbyn would probably make himself look even worse in a debate but she doesn't need that.

Technically correct in that those 11 players all took part but Nelson was sub - controversially dropped for John Devine. Then arguably more controversially made the 12th man meaning when we were looking for a game changer we were faced with just swapping left backs. I was 8 and could tell that was a bad move

Parkes, Stewart, Bonds, Martin, Lampard, Pearson, Allen ( ), Brooking, Devonshire, Pike, Cross since you ask

couldn't get the West Ham subs though - Paul Brush

He gets peevish, nasty and sort of feral when put under pressure, though. If that side of him comes out, he'll be even more fūcked. And he's not terribly clever, so there's every chance he'll get wound up.
    He peers out over his notes like a condescending sociology lecturer. The very picture of 'unelectable ****'...

Speaking of peevish, nasty and sort of feral - I almost felt sorry for Rooney yesterday. Trying to foul the Ox and getting nowhere ****ing near