Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Herrera! Woa-oa-oa-oah!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Herrera! Woa-oa-oa-oah!

Herrera! Woa-oa-oa-oah!
    He turned his back on the ball
    And scored for Arsenal!

Also, when was the last time we played three red-and-white stripey teams in a row? If ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Herrera! Woa-oa-oa-oah!
    He turned his back on the ball
    And scored for Arsenal!

Also, when was the last time we played three red-and-white stripey teams in a row? If ever?
    upon the ball would scan better.

The latter occurred to me yesterday - I have a feeling it has happened recently, as have a nagging memory of it at the time. ****ed if I know when though. Of course Sunderland won't be wearing that kit though if I were to be pedantic

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    upon the ball would scan better.

The latter occurred to me yesterday - I have a feeling it has happened recently, as have a nagging memory of it at the time. ****ed if I know when though. Of course Sunderland won't be wearing that kit though if I were to be pedantic
    Yes, "he turned upon the ball" does get rid of the 7th syllable. Was it the same three clubs in a row a season or two ago? It does ring a bell. And they all start with an S, for added synchronicity.

Yes, "he turned upon the ball" does get rid of the 7th syllable. Was it the same three clubs in a row a season or two ago? It does ring a bell. And they all start with an S, for added synchronicity.
    Upon sounds a bit clever for chanty football moron types, I think "turned his back on the ball" works ok
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Upon sounds a bit clever for chanty football moron types, I think "turned his back on the ball" works ok
    It works if you talk with a Northern accent

He turned his back on ball
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

To say he turned upon the ball suggests he suddenly became enraged with the ball and attacked it savagely.