Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: wd Aaron Ramsey. Another fine performance yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    although I'd say more a Kante Lite than Kante II
    I would of course have to defer to you on this one. Him and the lad Schneiderlinn have impressed me muchly when I have seen them of late.

My reference to Kante II was partly down to Steve Walsh being the man who allegedly scouted and brought both to their clubs. In fact it was earlier this season when he was on SS and was asked by the pitch side reporter about where on earth one finds the next NG at which point he simply grinned and said he already had.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I would of course have to defer to you on this one. Him and the lad Schneiderlinn have impressed me muchly when I have seen them of late.

My reference to Kante II was partly down to Steve Walsh being the man who allegedly scouted and brought both to their clubs. In fact it was earlier this season when he was on SS and was asked by the pitch side reporter about where on earth one finds the next NG at which point he simply grinned and said he already had.
    Took me a while to realise you were talking about Idrissa Gueye - I assumed the Gay reference was to Tom Davies's haircut

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Took me a while to realise you were talking about Idrissa Gueye - I assumed the Gay reference was to Tom Davies's haircut
    My apologies. It is I believe how his name is pronounced so never let it be said that Awimb is a forum to shy away from juvenile humour.

However I stand by my earlier assertion that Xhaka and Ramsey it is. Xhasey as such, or Ramaka.

My apologies. It is I believe how his name is pronounced so never let it be said that Awimb is a forum to shy away from juvenile humour.

However I stand by my earlier assertion that Xhaka and Ramsey it is. Xhasey as such, or Ramaka.
    Ramaka - I like that. And not a bad option if the three.man central defence is to stay. The addition of a Gayer would give the alternative of a back four for certain games, with Ramsey moving in to the 10-role (if Mesut, blessed be his name were to leave)

Cech stopped twice for the Rooney chance. If he had kept coming for the ball the first time he would have got it. He's becoming a bit of a liability about staying or coming late off his line in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
    Cech stopped twice for the Rooney chance. If he had kept coming for the ball the first time he would have got it. He's becoming a bit of a liability about staying or coming late off his line in my opinion
    oo - glad someone else pointed it out. Thought the same thing. Still poor from Holding - in an otherwise excellent performance - but definitely some stuttering from the big Czech

Ramaka - I like that. And not a bad option if the three.man central defence is to stay. The addition of a Gayer would give the alternative of a back four for certain games, with Ramsey moving in to the 10-role (if Mesut, blessed be his name were to leave)
    I would love this to occur if only for the perverse humour of listening to our mutual Canadian friend.

oo - glad someone else pointed it out. Thought the same thing. Still poor from Holding - in an otherwise excellent performance - but definitely some stuttering from the big Czech
    Bloody hell that is harsh.

Perhaps he like most of us expected LK to at least try and deal with it at which point him leaving his goal would have left the (better) option of passing to his team mate for the tap in.

Once LK had failed he proceeded and carried off a very important stop.

Bloody hell that is harsh.

Perhaps he like most of us expected LK to at least try and deal with it at which point him leaving his goal would have left the (better) option of passing to his team mate for the tap in.

Once LK had failed he proceeded and carried off a very important stop.
    Very possibly - and not absolving LK from any blame and possibly influenced by the City goal the other week, but Cech's hesitance off his line has been a theme all season (pens v Sunderland and Hull spring to mind as well). Very fine keeper but past his best - fine stop in the end though as you say

Very possibly - and not absolving LK from any blame and possibly influenced by the City goal the other week, but Cech's hesitance off his line has been a theme all season (pens v Sunderland and Hull spring to mind as well). Very fine keeper but past his best - fine stop in the end though as you say
    Judgement is harder once the legs start going. The ones he would have reached easily three years ago are now 50/50. Can affect positioning as well and that definitely affected Seaman in his later years.