Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Talking of snobby spastic, I'm going for lunch tomorrow with several friends and

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    White asparagus. Will never understand the foreign obsession with the stuff. Green asparagus - delicious. White asparagus - flavourless, mushy and bland.
    I love it. I've been known to eat it from a tin.

White asparagus. Will never understand the foreign obsession with the stuff. Green asparagus - delicious. White asparagus - flavourless, mushy and bland.
    That's mostly zee Chermans, isn't it?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was at a birthday dinner on Saturday. The waitress came round to take our order and the options were.
    Asparagus with schnitzel; asparagus with ham; asparagus with zander

Note: not schnitzel with asparagus etc - the normal way round. Plates came and there was some potatoes on one side, schnitzel on the other and five massive pieces of white asparagus taking up the whole middle of the plate. Needless to say I ate the meat and potatoes and ****ed the asparagus out the window. Germans are odd.

Unlimited quantities of the finest Weißbier I have ever tasted so wd the pub for that though
    Zander? The fish?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Creamed. Carrots.

What fresh hell is this?
    It's goes well with martinis.

Precisely - I did try a bite but there was nothing to taste. Everyone else was covering it in sauce but quite frankly if you are only tasting the sauce what is the point? I say everybody - the two vegans sat opposite me didn't have Spargel in the vegan option. But Vegans in Bavaria ffs. There was a conversation on the best types of vegan "milk" (oat was favourite, since you ask). They didn't appreciate me initiating a debate on whether vegans can drink human milk and if so could you market it.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's mostly zee Chermans, isn't it?
    Dutch, too. And yer frogs seem to go for it as well

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Zander? The fish?
    Yes, I was surprised that was an option. Tend not to go for fish dishes here. Long way to the sea