Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Talking of snobby spastic, I'm going for lunch tomorrow with several friends and

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It appears to be in Yorkshire.

You could invite J over for tea.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It appears to be in Yorkshire.

You could invite J over for tea.
    I think his principles would stop him entering my filthy capitalistic house. Property is theft, you know.

I think his principles would stop him entering my filthy capitalistic house. Property is theft, you know.
    He might be tempted if you offered to exchange views on the tragic news that is the retirement of HRH D of E.

If it happens, can I see the video?

family members to celebrate the birthday of the glw. We are going to a rather nice seafood restaurant in Brighton.

A visit to a seafood restaurant means certain things to me. It means foaming tankards of black velvet, half a dozen natives and then lobsters or Dover Soles. It does not mean fillets of sea bass or pan-fried cod or any other standard fish dish I could cook for myself any day of the week. However, if I order what I would like, when it comes to splitting the bill, the majority of those present will shít themselves.

What should I do, Awimb? Compromise my beliefs and eat ordinary people's food? That would be dishonest. Insist on paying for everyone? That would be humiliating for the other gentlemen present. Just get on with it in a cheery spirit of 'fúck you'?
    The one who made the invitation is paying; proper order. Enjoy your oysters.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Something to question about property in Yorkshire is how many months a year is it underwater?

family members to celebrate the birthday of the glw. We are going to a rather nice seafood restaurant in Brighton.

A visit to a seafood restaurant means certain things to me. It means foaming tankards of black velvet, half a dozen natives and then lobsters or Dover Soles. It does not mean fillets of sea bass or pan-fried cod or any other standard fish dish I could cook for myself any day of the week. However, if I order what I would like, when it comes to splitting the bill, the majority of those present will shít themselves.

What should I do, Awimb? Compromise my beliefs and eat ordinary people's food? That would be dishonest. Insist on paying for everyone? That would be humiliating for the other gentlemen present. Just get on with it in a cheery spirit of 'fúck you'?
    Lunch report: Black Velvet, oysters, Dover Sole, Chocolate Marquis. Excellent in every respect. Service exceptional. Lunch evolved into a 10 hour drinking session. There was even some cider. Allin all, a successful day.

Lunch report: Black Velvet, oysters, Dover Sole, Chocolate Marquis. Excellent in every respect. Service exceptional. Lunch evolved into a 10 hour drinking session. There was even some cider. Allin all, a successful day.
    how was the bill split?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    how was the bill split?
    Oh, I paid it. There was never any other likely outcome, I'm afraid.

Oh, I paid it. There was never any other likely outcome, I'm afraid.
    you're a soft touch, sc.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    you're a soft touch, sc.
    I'm a idiot, i. But I suppose it's important for a chap to remain true to himself.