Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking of snobby spastic, I'm going for lunch tomorrow with several friends and

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The '**** you' option? Well, if you say so. I confess, it doesn't really sound much like me.
    Given that it is the birthday of your GLW, and a family celebration of said event, I would find such financial detail nit-picking to be petty in the extreme.

Steam in, order whatever the fúck you want and say fúck all when the bill comes. Let them sort it out.

3-5 pints in advance will help in the event of any negotiations, trust me. No whiskey, or bugle.

This is the third of four events
    At the risk of being indelicate, whose family is the common one, yours or V's?

I must try to be strong. I'll never get to retire to my northern mansion if I give the fúcking stuff away.
    But imagine how you'll feel? At your wife's lunch, a bottle or so of something to the good, picking over the bill with your glasses perched on the end of your nose like some sort of bean-counting cùnt?

Really? You might as well then drive to Beachy Head and do the decent thing imo.

A quick "Here's £x as I have ordered the most expensive food" or "let me get a round of drinks as I...." etc

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Given that it is the birthday of your GLW, and a family celebration of said event, I would find such financial detail nit-picking to be petty in the extreme.

Steam in, order whatever the fúck you want and say fúck all when the bill comes. Let them sort it out.

3-5 pints in advance will help in the event of any negotiations, trust me. No whiskey, or bugle.
    Many years ago I went for lunch at The Savoy with my parents to celebrate their umpteenth wedding anniversary, along with my two sisters, their husbands and their children. Magnums of champagne were enjoyed by one and all. The bill was in four figures. I quietly settled it, expecting to square up with others later.

Both brothers-in-law approached me quietly afterwards, shook my hand and thanked me for the wonderful meal.

I feel like I've earnt the right, over the years, to nit-pick a bit now that I am entering my final couple of years of earning a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But imagine how you'll feel? At your wife's lunch, a bottle or so of something to the good, picking over the bill with your glasses perched on the end of your nose like some sort of bean-counting cùnt?

Really? You might as well then drive to Beachy Head and do the decent thing imo.
    Oh fúck me!

And fúck you for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    At the risk of being indelicate, whose family is the common one, yours or V's?
    Neither of our families is common you jumped up little foreign shít.

That's untrue. My family has Irish ancestry so we're low enough to crawl under a rock wearing a top hat. v's family is extremely posh but has not a single vessel into which to micturate.

Many years ago I went for lunch at The Savoy with my parents to celebrate their umpteenth wedding anniversary, along with my two sisters, their husbands and their children. Magnums of champagne were enjoyed by one and all. The bill was in four figures. I quietly settled it, expecting to square up with others later.

Both brothers-in-law approached me quietly afterwards, shook my hand and thanked me for the wonderful meal.

I feel like I've earnt the right, over the years, to nit-pick a bit now that I am entering my final couple of years of earning a living.
    I was suggesting the nit-picking to be done by others, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    A quick "Here's £x as I have ordered the most expensive food" or "let me get a round of drinks as I...." etc
    I like that norn, ty.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was suggesting the nit-picking to be done by others, not you.
    Apologies, sw.