Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: What we actually lack is a sufficient quantity of technical, creative midgets.

  1. #1

    What we actually lack is a sufficient quantity of technical, creative midgets.

    Whodathunk it?

    Well, he doesn't specify midgets exactly, but as usual @stilberto's column is worth a read. The thesis: this squard lacks the technical qualities required to play Wengerball.

    "It is no wonder that Mesut Özil has taken on the appearance of a toddler in the supermarket that cannot find his mum."

    http://arseblog.com/2017/05/pillarsofcreation/

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Whodathunk it?

    Well, he doesn't specify midgets exactly, but as usual @stilberto's column is worth a read. The thesis: this squard lacks the technical qualities required to play Wengerball.

    "It is no wonder that Mesut Özil has taken on the appearance of a toddler in the supermarket that cannot find his mum."

    http://arseblog.com/2017/05/pillarsofcreation/
    Read it last evening. I quite like him.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Read it last evening. I quite like him.
    He is a regular on the Arsenal Vision podcast. He and another fella, Clive, who is sometimes on there, are two of the few people who make any sense to me when discussing the technicalities of the game.

  4. #4
    What we're lacking is black players imo...remember that team that tore apart Leeds...Mad Jens, Cygan and 9 black players.

    We're lacking the ferocity, strength and speed that those lads brought to the game imo

    Not sure what's happened to Arsene but he doesn't invest in these types of players anymore...it's just one white boy after another.

    In the summer I wouldn't mind investing in a few...first things first - sell Ozil and get Ross Barkley...the lad is part Nigerian. Him, Welbeck and Alexis (honorary brother) will rub riot next season imo

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    What we're lacking is black players imo...remember that team that tore apart Leeds...Mad Jens, Cygan and 9 black players.

    We're lacking the ferocity, strength and speed that those lads brought to the game imo

    Not sure what's happened to Arsene but he doesn't invest in these types of players anymore...it's just one white boy after another.

    In the summer I wouldn't mind investing in a few...first things first - sell Ozil and get Ross Barkley...the lad is part Nigerian. Him, Welbeck and Alexis (honorary brother) will rub riot next season imo
    The African Cup of Nations thingy every two years in the middle of the season may have affected recruitment of African players.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    What we're lacking is black players imo...remember that team that tore apart Leeds...Mad Jens, Cygan and 9 black players.

    We're lacking the ferocity, strength and speed that those lads brought to the game imo

    Not sure what's happened to Arsene but he doesn't invest in these types of players anymore...it's just one white boy after another.

    In the summer I wouldn't mind investing in a few...first things first - sell Ozil and get Ross Barkley...the lad is part Nigerian. Him, Welbeck and Alexis (honorary brother) will rub riot next season imo
    I think we need Leeds back, t

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The African Cup of Nations thingy every two years in the middle of the season may have affected recruitment of African players.
    The ACN has always been every two years.

    I don't really get the complaints about it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Whodathunk it?

    Well, he doesn't specify midgets exactly, but as usual @stilberto's column is worth a read. The thesis: this squard lacks the technical qualities required to play Wengerball.

    "It is no wonder that Mesut Özil has taken on the appearance of a toddler in the supermarket that cannot find his mum."

    http://arseblog.com/2017/05/pillarsofcreation/
    He's got it backwards, I reckon; there's too many Wenger players and not enough good ones.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's got it backwards, I reckon; there's too many Wenger players and not enough good ones.
    But his argument is that Hleb, Fabregas, Rosicky, van Persie, Nasri could reasonably reliably control and retain a football. cf Ramsey, Coq, Ox, Gibbs, Giroud, Alexis (special case) who can't.

    We used to be famous for our ability to keep possession and create things (and not the sterile sort of possession we have now). Our weakness used to be our inability to defend. Now it's our inability to do anything.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's got it backwards, I reckon; there's too many Wenger players and not enough good ones.
    But his argument is that Hleb, Fabregas, Rosicky, van Persie, Nasri could reasonably reliably control and retain a football. cf Ramsey, Coq, Ox, Gibbs, Giroud, Alexis (special case) who can't. And Theo

    We used to be famous for our ability to keep possession and create things (not the sterile sort od possession we have now). Our weakness used to be our inability to defend. Now it's our inability to do anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •