Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What we actually lack is a sufficient quantity of technical, creative midgets.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What we actually lack is a sufficient quantity of technical, creative midgets.

Whodathunk it?

Well, he doesn't specify midgets exactly, but as usual @stilberto's column is worth a read. The thesis: this squard lacks the technical qualities required to play Wengerball.

"It is no wonder that Mesut Özil has taken on the appearance of a toddler in the supermarket that cannot find his mum."

http://arseblog.com/2017/05/pillarsofcreation/

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Whodathunk it?

Well, he doesn't specify midgets exactly, but as usual @stilberto's column is worth a read. The thesis: this squard lacks the technical qualities required to play Wengerball.

"It is no wonder that Mesut Özil has taken on the appearance of a toddler in the supermarket that cannot find his mum."

http://arseblog.com/2017/05/pillarsofcreation/
    Read it last evening. I quite like him.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Read it last evening. I quite like him.
    He is a regular on the Arsenal Vision podcast. He and another fella, Clive, who is sometimes on there, are two of the few people who make any sense to me when discussing the technicalities of the game.

What we're lacking is black players imo...remember that team that tore apart Leeds...Mad Jens, Cygan and 9 black players.

We're lacking the ferocity, strength and speed that those lads brought to the game imo

Not sure what's happened to Arsene but he doesn't invest in these types of players anymore...it's just one white boy after another.

In the summer I wouldn't mind investing in a few...first things first - sell Ozil and get Ross Barkley...the lad is part Nigerian. Him, Welbeck and Alexis (honorary brother) will rub riot next season imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    What we're lacking is black players imo...remember that team that tore apart Leeds...Mad Jens, Cygan and 9 black players.

We're lacking the ferocity, strength and speed that those lads brought to the game imo

Not sure what's happened to Arsene but he doesn't invest in these types of players anymore...it's just one white boy after another.

In the summer I wouldn't mind investing in a few...first things first - sell Ozil and get Ross Barkley...the lad is part Nigerian. Him, Welbeck and Alexis (honorary brother) will rub riot next season imo
    The African Cup of Nations thingy every two years in the middle of the season may have affected recruitment of African players.

The African Cup of Nations thingy every two years in the middle of the season may have affected recruitment of African players.
    The ACN has always been every two years.

I don't really get the complaints about it.

Maybe Wenger just decided that our coloured friends can't do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke? After all, he said he never looks at a player's passport, but he didn't say anything about the colour of their skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Maybe Wenger just decided that our coloured friends can't do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke? After all, he said he never looks at a player's passport, but he didn't say anything about the colour of their skin.
    He does look at passports though; none of our British players would get anywhere near the team if they were foreign, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Coloured? You can't say coloured for Gods sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Coloured? You can't say coloured for Gods sake.
    Thanks for white-splaining racism to me.