Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, AWIMB: a third pint?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, no. One pint gets a chap up to speed, two imbues a sense of wellbeing. The third risks taking one into the realm of inebriation, however.
    Blimey. Even I can manage three pints without feeling close to being meaningfully drunk.

Are you a Jewish?

Actually, Jennings Cumberland Ale. In Hertford, of all places.
    Do you take a swig, smack your lips, hold the glass up to the light and say, "Well kept pint, that."

You do. You know you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Blimey. Even I can manage three pints without feeling close to being meaningfully drunk.

Are you a Jewish?
    .... so what did you eat?

Did you get the green sauce?

Actually, Jennings Cumberland Ale. In Hertford, of all places.
    Have you been to the brewery in Cockermouth? If it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Their Sneck Lifter is a top beer
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Are you a Jewish?
    Who mentioned 'meaningfully drunk'? I am speaking of a pleasant sense of fuzziness and no more.
    I may be justifiably accused of many things, m, but an inability to take my drink is not among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have. It keeps getting flooded. There's rather a nice pub near there called The Bitter End, which serves their full range of ales. Very nice. Although it's half a decade or more since I was last there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    .... so what did you eat?

Did you get the green sauce?
    I think we ended up having literally everything off the menu, Clive, by the time we'd finished ordering more.

I think I recall a green sauce - but I tend to think meat of that quality needs no embellishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you take a swig, smack your lips, hold the glass up to the light and say, "Well kept pint, that."

You do. You know you do.
    I did find myself discussing the provenance of an ale with the landlord in my local the other day and then going on to discuss Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem in Nottingham with him.

I think we ended up having literally everything off the menu, Clive, by the time we'd finished ordering more.

I think I recall a green sauce - but I tend to think meat of that quality needs no embellishment.
    You must have the green sauce, I insist upon it. It is more complementary than embellishery.