Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: If you've not seen it then I can thoroughly recommend watching BBC4 docs

If you've not seen it then I can thoroughly recommend watching BBC4 docs

on Geniuses of the Modern World

I make no claim to be amazingly well read but the one on Nietzsche has given me a strong desire to read his stuff.....clearly the before he went mental stuff

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

I make no claim to be amazingly well read but the one on Nietzsche has given me a strong desire to read his stuff.....clearly the before he went mental stuff
    He was always a bit mental, tbh.

I'm working my way through Murder in Successville.

Whilst I appreciate it does not compare on an intellectual level, the Chris Kamara episode was a ****ing classic.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I'm working my way through Murder in Successville.

Whilst I appreciate it does not compare on an intellectual level, the Chris Kamara episode was a ****ing classic.
    I watched the first one the other day - wasn't really sure about it. Probably didn't help that it was one of the arses of Made in Chelsea as the guest star. Couple of genuinely funny moments though, so will get a few more a try

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Cheers for the tip. Will look out for that.

Nietzsche was a **** though, AFAIU.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I watched the first one the other day - wasn't really sure about it. Probably didn't help that it was one of the arses of Made in Chelsea as the guest star. Couple of genuinely funny moments though, so will get a few more a try
    it's worth sticking with.

The Arsene Wenger and his gimp at 22.37

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...he-brass-gnome
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Cheers for the tip. Will look out for that.

Nietzsche was a **** though, AFAIU.
    Actually, he wasn't. The interpretations of what he said and his unfortunate adoption by the Nazis have made him sound that way, but in fact his was a profoundly humane philosophy that sought to make sense of the role of man in a post-religious world.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Actually, he wasn't. The interpretations of what he said and his unfortunate adoption by the Nazis have made him sound that way, but in fact his was a profoundly humane philosophy that sought to make sense of the role of man in a post-religious world.
    The Nazis aided by his sister bent his work to suit their vision