Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hmm, it seems to me that Labour need to connect with their traditional support base.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It certainly got a boost the 90's, when PR firms were hired to cast specific groups as victims needing military intervention in their favour. Also there was the Diana thing which seemed to glorify victimhood.

I agree with your earlier point about "a generation that grew up being taught about the heroic struggles against prejudice undertaken by previous generations and they want their own." Though I would be squeemish about using the word 'bender'.
    Nobody is against prejudice, A. In fact, everybody wants to get a piece of it. 'Twas ever thus.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

It certainly got a boost the 90's, when PR firms were hired to cast specific groups as victims needing military intervention in their favour. Also there was the Diana thing which seemed to glorify victimhood.

I agree with your earlier point about "a generation that grew up being taught about the heroic struggles against prejudice undertaken by previous generations and they want their own." Though I would be squeemish about using the word 'bender'.
    Nothing wrong with being a Bender.

Lars+Bender+Bayer+Leverkusen+Training+Press+RPvYJ6nIwkLl.jpg

I wouldn't call a gay bloke a bender. I use it for the awkward sods who wont let you call them anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I wouldn't call a gay bloke a bender. I use it for the awkward sods who wont let you call them anything else.
    Would you call a bender "gay"?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Would you call a bender "gay"?
    In my experience, the better class of bender couldn't give a toss what you call them - within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In my experience, the better class of bender couldn't give a toss what you call them - within reason.
    Right. Sticks and stones and a' that. Can't expect Peter's sort to understand though, can you.

Le singe dan l'arbre,

Yes, wasn't that his launch pad to comedy ? that, and the whole transgender schtick

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's never only 74, is he? Could have sworn he was 80-odd.
    How olds Clint Eastwoid? He must be pushing 90 now, surely?
    87 this month

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Le singe dan l'arbre,

Yes, wasn't that his launch pad to comedy ? that, and the whole transgender schtick
    Action transvestite. Or liberal imperialist as I would describe him. Bragged about being "thinly read" while proposing violent solutions to complex problems he wasn't remotely interested in trying to understand.

I did like his surrealism though. And his James Mason and Sean Connery voices. And his Darth Vader with the lunch tray sketch. And Mrs Badcrumble.

Action transvestite. Or liberal imperialist as I would describe him. Bragged about being "thinly read" while proposing violent solutions to complex problems he wasn't remotely interested in trying to understand.

I did like his surrealism though. And his James Mason and Sean Connery voices. And his Darth Vader with the lunch tray sketch. And Mrs Badcrumble.
    I heard him making jokes about God and Jesus once. The blasphemous ****.