Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HRH the DoE retiring from public engagements.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have never seen the point of them, but then again I am not “the public” you refer to.

While I get that you have a King and Queen, and a next in line, it is all the other useless saps that I see referred to that I don’t get.

Your Andrews and the other lad, the bints they marry who become some titled so and so, their offspring who I expect are hideous characters. Harry is another one, not sure why anybody gives a flying **** about these people.

And I expect they are mostly all propped up by your taxes?
    Supposedly you need a bloated squad beyond the obvious heir and spare, to maintain the mystique of it all from which the awe and popularity derives.

I don't see the point of it all myself but if people on the whole like it then so be it. As long as the royals have no real power.

I have never seen the point of them, but then again I am not “the public” you refer to.

While I get that you have a King and Queen, and a next in line, it is all the other useless saps that I see referred to that I don’t get.

Your Andrews and the other lad, the bints they marry who become some titled so and so, their offspring who I expect are hideous characters. Harry is another one, not sure why anybody gives a flying **** about these people.

The Civil List has largely been restricted to those who actually perform significant numbers of royal duties these days, so it's not anywhere near as bad as it used to be.

Also, I can assure you that both our taxes prop up far more useless people in our respective governments/civil services and the *spits* EU than the Royals. I'm happy enough to pay a few pennies a year for the royals.

They are a division of our political and governmental household, yes. So was Barbara the polar bear and Squeak the bunny rabbit too. What of it
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They are a division of our political and governmental household, yes. So was Barbara the polar bear and Squeak the bunny rabbit too. What of it
    Don't take that tone with me pal.

I merely asked a question as was evidenced by the question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Sure, but they've seen worse. And that's actually the point; their enduring appeal is a reminder that our society is an ancient, strong and dignified one and was *not* focus-grouped and spin-doctored into existence yesterday by Wolverhampton Polytechnic political science undergraduates.
    Now steady on, redg. No need to start having a pop at West Midlands' polytechnics. Not that you'd catch me doing such a bullshít course.

And let's not analyse the supposed 'dignity' of some of the previous appointed-by-god incumbents. Bunch of twelve-toes. :jorge:

In short, they're a great bunch of lads and whatever pittance we pay a year is worth every penny not to have this sort of thing happening.

Wk7x2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In short, they're a great bunch of lads and whatever pittance we pay a year is worth every penny not to have this sort of thing happening.

Wk7x2.jpg
    Well indeed, don't even get me started on that fúcking eejit.

Unintentional, I'm sure.

Please accept my apologies and this photograph of young Barbara as a peace offering, a small token of esteem

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Now steady on, redg. No need to start having a pop at West Midlands' polytechnics. Not that you'd catch me doing such a bullshít course.

And let's not analyse the supposed 'dignity' of some of the previous appointed-by-god incumbents. Bunch of twelve-toes. :jorge:
    Merely using them as an example of "modern method and thought."