Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HRH the DoE retiring from public engagements.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    As honorary patron of the Tiger Club he did a great deal to encourage and support aerobatic and formation flying in the 60s and 70s. Without the Tiger Club there would have been no Neil Williams, no Nigel Lamb and no Brendan O'Brien.

So that's your 'point' utterly debunked.
    There's no point bickering with such people, old chap. They're just terrible human beings who, in a more enlightened society, would have their heads on spikes.

As honorary patron of the Tiger Club he did a great deal to encourage and support aerobatic and formation flying in the 60s and 70s. Without the Tiger Club there would have been no Neil Williams, no Nigel Lamb and no Brendan O'Brien.

I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There's no point bickering with such people, old chap. They're just terrible human beings who, in a more enlightened society, would have their heads on spikes.
    It is incredibly rude to talk about someone as if they were not there. Bad form....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hee hee.

You have to admit that Vaughan was a fine captain though.....
    He was. And I loved watching him as a bat. It was frustrating the way he declined and allowed technical errors to creep into his game - such as missing straight ones on off stump. Although how much of that was down to the fact that his knee was fûcked I couldn't say.

60992.1.jpg

Lovely bowler, Neil Williams - didn't realise he could fly a plane as well

It is incredibly rude to talk about someone as if they were not there. Bad form....
    Do you mind? I was addressing Sir C.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    60992.1.jpg

He was. I remember him bowling with Cowans for Middlesex and thinking he was seriously rapid. Why did he never break through?

I stand corrected.
    Here he is, in fact, flying a Turbulent. (I subsequently flew that exact aircraft, so I'm now semi-royal.)

dofe.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    60992.1.jpg

I would be grateful if you would cease to sully the name of our greatest ever aerobatic pilot with your ridiculous, childish stickball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He was. And I loved watching him as a bat. It was frustrating the way he declined and allowed technical errors to creep into his game - such as missing straight ones on off stump. Although how much of that was down to the fact that his knee was fûcked I couldn't say.
    It was always a flaw in his game but definitely exacerbated by the knee problem. He was also always quite a **** fielder which is weird for a batsman in the modern age