Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HRH the DoE retiring from public engagements.

He's 95. Whatever good or bad he's done no-one should be forced to work at that age for goodness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A war hero who has selflessly served this country for the thick end of 80 years. We will never see his like again.

I will personally fight any lefty who wishes to besmirch his reputation.
    He opened our office in the late 80's... I was in nthe papers with a picture of him dealing with RBS
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I worship no man or woman (with the possible exception of Geoffrey Boycott). I do, however, hold in respect those who serve this country selflessly for decades.
    He has made a tremendous difference to precisely **** all since he left the navy. Served his country selflessly for decades? I am sure we could all manage to unveil the odd plaque here and there if we didn't have to, you know, earn money and feed ourselves and whatnot.

Boycott I can live with, although I would take Michael Vaughan over him.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    He opened our office in the late 80's... I was in nthe papers with a picture of him dealing with RBS
    1880s was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He has made a tremendous difference to precisely **** all since he left the navy. Served his country selflessly for decades? I am sure we could all manage to unveil the odd plaque here and there if we didn't have to, you know, earn money and feed ourselves and whatnot.

Quite nice that he bowed at at Lord's though. Phil the Greek not the other two

Well that just shows how appalling your judgement is, p. Michael Vaughan indeed! The man averaged 41 in a batsman-friendly era.

He's not fit to lace Sir Geoffrey's surgical truss - as he'd probably admit himself, in fairness to the chap.

Well that just shows how appalling your judgement is, p. Michael Vaughan indeed! The man averaged 41 in a batsman-friendly era.

He's not fit to lace Sir Geoffrey's surgical truss - as he'd probably admit himself, in fairness to the chap.
    And Vaughan is from the wrong side of the Pennines
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    And Vaughan is from the wrong side of the Pennines
    Quite. Wouldn't have been allowed back in the good old days of proper Yorkshire cricket.

As honorary patron of the Tiger Club he did a great deal to encourage and support aerobatic and formation flying in the 60s and 70s. Without the Tiger Club there would have been no Neil Williams, no Nigel Lamb and no Brendan O'Brien.

So that's your 'point' utterly debunked.

Hee hee.

You have to admit that Vaughan was a fine captain though.....