Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I quite like voting in local elections. It's nice and quiet and the officials look

I quite like voting in local elections. It's nice and quiet and the officials look

quite grateful to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well they are getting paid a nice big fat amount to basically be bored all day... so any company would be welcome
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well they are getting paid a nice big fat amount to basically be bored all day... so any company would be welcome
    Are they? I've no idea, to be honest. I'd always assumed they were volunteers if I'm honest.

Yes. Because it is pointless. I seem to have received something asking me to vote for some sort of glorified copper. Thin end of the wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes. Because it is pointless. I seem to have received something asking me to vote for some sort of glorified copper. Thin end of the wedge.
    Was that the follow up to Thin Blue Line?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Was that the follow up to Thin Blue Line?
    A slippery slope, LA. The road to hell. A Bennite solution.

I will not elect a Director of Policing.

Are they? I've no idea, to be honest. I'd always assumed they were volunteers if I'm honest.
    They get a decent amount considering they really just do nothing all day, that is why most are retired and do it for extra spending money
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A slippery slope, LA. The road to hell. A Bennite solution.

I will not elect a Director of Policing.
    Depends. Is he a tory? In which case I'll vote for him. Otherwise, no.

I'm going postal for the GE. It gives me the horrors having to walk into a school hall; I start panicking that I'm late for double physics and haven't done my homework.

Is a local election not the same as a General Election where one is voting for one’s local MP, or TD in my case?

As you will see from the above I am not big on the whole politics thing.

I have only ever voted twice in my life, the first time I simply ticked all the catholic boxes and the last most recent time I got very confused as the people I was being asked to vote for I did not recognise from any of the posters on the lamp posts so just ticked 3-4 at random.