Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: So Wenger says that we were 'very, very close' to signing Mbappe. Isn't it annoying

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I suppose Antonio Conte could win the league with this team though, just as Wenger could with Chelsea's current mob. Again, normally a squad is the fruit of several (often very different footballistically) managers' work. Rarely is it put together by just one bloke over such a long period of time. It's almost against football nature.
    Poch could possibly win the league with the Arsenal squard too. I think Tim Stillman recently asked the question: "How many / which PL managers would have done a worse job with this group of players this season than AW has?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Poch could possibly win the league with the Arsenal squard too. I think Tim Stillman recently asked the question: "How many / which PL managers would have done a worse job with this group of players this season than AW has?"
    Sorry, but I'm not having you refer to the manager of our deadly local rivals as 'Poch'.

Straight Off you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not having you refer to the manager of our deadly local rivals as 'Poch'.

Straight Off you go.
    Well done, b - firm, authoritative action. Would like to think a was already walking off the field even before the card was out

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well done, b - firm, authoritative action. Would like to think a was already walking off the field even before the card was out
    Agreed. Considering thew sevrity of the offence, the boy could be looking at a lengfthy ban there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    But that is earning the money, we are talking about spending it. When your manager is signing a striker that he clearly doesn't rate it suggests you have a problem.

Remember, of the four summers since we have had money to spend we had one where we didn't sign a single outfield player, another where we would have signed nobody is Ozil hadn't fallen into our lap at the last minute and then last summer where it almost happened again. We have been left short in midfield into two seasons and horribly short at centre back in another.

It hasn't been smooth sailing at all.
    How many games have we started with less than 11 players, p?

It's a fair question, I think. There's a reason all the greyhounds in a race look the same; they're all selected by the same type of people who all have the same priorities. None of them are any good at all though, if you've got a herd of cattle that needs shifting.

We mustn't forget though that Veng was the one that paved the way for all these foreign coaches and managers and methods. Forgetting league titles for a moment (as we must, I suppose ) maybe if He'd been more like a George Graham or even an Antonio Conte, none of us would've been so impressed?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Token "I dunno how to spell his name" defence before disappearing down tunnel with head hanging down.

Not as many as Juventus, you'd think #AllegriIn

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Token "I dunno how to spell his name" defence before disappearing down tunnel with head hanging down.
    Took me ages to remember whether it was Pochettino or Pottechino - kept getting it wrong. Son of a whore is of course the right pronunciation

'Less' than 11 players, la? LESS?

I'm reaching for my top pocket again, here.