Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: :****sportwimb: This whole erasing records things in athletic seems very silly.

:****sportwimb: This whole erasing records things in athletic seems very silly.

They're getting rid of all world records pre 2005 and yet people are still cheating regularly. In 30 years time do they wipe out records again?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    They're getting rid of all world records pre 2005 and yet people are still cheating regularly. In 30 years time do they wipe out records again?
    All samples are now kept and stored, so they can be retested in future when new testing procedures have been developed.... the Women's 400m record has been a joke for over 30 years, hardf to believe that only about 4 of the top 20 times have been set in the last 12 years considering how just about every record has been broken on a number of occasions.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    All samples are now kept and stored, so they can be retested in future when new testing procedures have been developed.... the Women's 400m record has been a joke for over 30 years, hardf to believe that only about 4 of the top 20 times have been set in the last 12 years considering how just about every record has been broken on a number of occasions.
    It's very harsh on the clean athletes though. If i was Jonathan Edwards i'd be fuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Well now we have transgender athletes smashing female records, the whole thing's become absurd. Might as well write female sport off as a sacrifice to gender theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Bob Beamon's long jump record lasted 23 years - and now Mike Powell's has survived since 1991. Is that proof both were on drugs then? Jonathan Edwards is 20 years now isn't it. Michael Johnson held the 400m record for 17 years. These things happen *

*though I've just seen where the women's 400m record holder came from

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well now we have transgender athletes smashing female records, the whole thing's become absurd. Might as well write female sport off as a sacrifice to gender theory.
    Yes, all in a vain attempt to remain relevant, in the age when football threatened to take over.

It's all about priorities, innit. Notice how the FA managed to easily find a perfectly reasonable way to ensure positive tests remained private? Why didn't the athletics panjandra (panjandrums?) think of this? Because they didn't want or care to, that's why.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes, utterly laughable and confirms what I have always thought, that Coe is a self-absorbed, self-serving cretin of the highest order.

Let's erase all the world records before 2005 so that clean athletes like Usain Bolt can be given the recognition they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Bob Beamon's long jump record lasted 23 years
    wasn't that 'at altitude' ?

Thinner air makes all the difference, you see.
    That and the drugs,
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    wasn't that 'at altitude' ?

Thinner air makes all the difference, you see.
    That and the drugs,
    Mexico City, so yes, but surely there were competitions at altitude in the years after that

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, utterly laughable and confirms what I have always thought, that Coe is a self-absorbed, self-serving cretin of the highest order.

Let's erase all the world records before 2005 so that clean athletes like Usain Bolt can be given the recognition they deserve.
    Would that be the Usain Bolt who is about the only member of the Jamaican 4x100 team from London 2012 who hasn't been busted for doping?