Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear God. Is there anything these people wouldn't tax given a chance?

Dear God. Is there anything these people wouldn't tax given a chance?

A 'wealth tax', in God's name! Heaven forfend people should be able to spend the money they've earned in order to help their kids.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ity-capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A 'wealth tax', in God's name! Heaven forfend people should be able to spend the money they've earned in order to help their kids.

What a ****ing lunatic.....her, not you

Indeed. These people hate breeding, especially *good* breeding.

There's a lesson there, I reckon.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Indeed. These people hate breeding, especially *good* breeding.

There's a lesson there, I reckon.
    Apart from the sheer envy underpinning the whole thing, what I find mystifying is their persistent belief that - contrary to a century of evidence - the state is competent to effectively redistribute wealth. It isn't. It takes money, pisses 90% of it up the wall on admin and jobs for the boys.

The communists are coming for us. You laughed at me, but when such views are freely expressible, the next step is the gulag

Apart from the sheer envy underpinning the whole thing, what I find mystifying is their persistent belief that - contrary to a century of evidence - the state is competent to effectively redistribute wealth. It isn't. It takes money and pisses 90% of it up the wall on admin and jobs for the boys.
    You mean the system is rigged? Jezza, is that you?
    Last edited by Burney; 05-03-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Apart from the sheer envy underpinning the whole thing, what I find mystifying is their persistent belief that - contrary to a century of evidence - the state is competent to effectively redistribute wealth. It isn't. It takes money, pisses 90% of it up the wall on admin and jobs for the boys.
    They don't believe that; they just want your money. Or at least, they want you *not* to have it.

Convincing everyone not to have children was genius really, as it took away the main reason, or injunction, anybody had to fight against high taxation, low wages and long working hours.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You mean the system is rigged? Jezza, is that you?
    Why is B editing your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The communists are coming for us. You laughed at me, but when such views are freely expressible, the next step is the gulag
    Thankfully, of course, they're about to get annihilated by a public vote, so they won't get us.

Of course all that means is that we'll have to get used to being taxed by tories instead, but hey-ho.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They don't believe that; they just want your money. Or at least, they want you *not* to have it.

Convincing everyone not to have children was genius really, as it took away the main reason, or injunction, anybody had to fight against high taxation, low wages and long working hours.
    I think it is children that have persuaded people not to have children, tbf.