Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for places to move outside London please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Fair enough. I do wonder where the middle-class families that live around me get their moolah. Thanks the gods for social housing, else there would be no pwopah caffs and offies left on Junction Road.
    Money breeds money - it's a cycle. A middle class family is likely to have parents who chucked them a big wedge to get them on the property ladder. Everything else follows. For example, the larger your home, the cheaper your childcare costs as you can pay pennies for a live-in nanny.

We can't hire a live-in nanny (even though it woudl be by far the cheapest option) as we didn't get any help from parents and so live in a poky little flat in Finchley and so instead we end up having to pay a childminder £2.5k a month.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Perhaps you just had to know people; my Persian chums (Yasmin Le Bon was one of the party; in fact, I got to meet the lovely Simon Le Bon through her) introduced me to several excellent places over the years. Mint sauce on the salad and everything.
    Know people? Oh, I know people alright. I might almost say that I know people who know people, if you get my drift.

Perhaps you just had to know people; my Persian chums (Yasmin Le Bon was one of the party; in fact, I got to meet the lovely Simon Le Bon through her) introduced me to several excellent places over the years. Mint sauce on the salad and everything.
    I interviewed Simon Le Bon a few months back. I liked him a lot.

030_ST_0916 Simon Le Bon.jpg

030_ST_0916 Simon Le Bon2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Know people? Oh, I know people alright. I might almost say that I know people who know people, if you get my drift.
    Not much good if they can't even get you a kebab though, is it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I interviewed Simon Le Bon a few months back. I liked him a lot.

030_ST_0916 Simon Le Bon.jpg

030_ST_0916 Simon Le Bon2.jpg
    That's terrific! I never cared for him or his teeny-bopper band before, but after meeting him (In '89 this would have been) I became a big fan, got all their LPs. Excellent fellow.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

We can't hire a live-in nanny (even though it woudl be by far the cheapest option) as we didn't get any help from parents and so live in a poky little flat in Finchley and so instead we end up having to pay a childminder £2.5k a month.
    Surely this is what wives were invented for though? :redg:

Not much good if they can't even get you a kebab though, is it.
    Oddly, at that time I was sharing a house with his masseuse. I never met him but heard many tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Surely this is what wives were invented for though? :redg:
    Yes, but childminders are clearly the better option, if a certain financial prudence is required.

It's a rather sad state of affairs, but I've been extremely fortunate; my people are from the third world and so have different priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oddly, at that time I was sharing a house with his masseuse. I never met him but heard many tales.
    Just to be clear, *whose* masseuse? Monty's? No wonder he's skint.

What about a nice little seaside town in Essex? Any tips?
    St Osyth and Jaywick Sands are really rather pleasant. My nan had a caravan there so I know from experience.

(forget Nothampton ...s' ****'ole)