Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With hindsight, there was a disappointing lack of hissy fits on here yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised that we hung on to 0-0 as long as we did and only lost by 2, if I'm honest.
    Indeed, grey clouds and silver linings etc, could very well have been 5-6.

Must admit all the same when first Alli and then Eriksen missed those early chances I thought they were going to fúck themselves in the bottom again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We've spent 20 years finishing above them. 20 years. In that time we've won 3 league titles and 5 FA cups. (Is it 5?)
    David Squires is worth a look on this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-in-the-league

There, you see? We've won so many trophies I can't even count them. Diane Abbott would be fúcked entirely.

Much like your mum.
    Ooh you managed to work Fat Di and a mum joke in there, Charles. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised that we hung on to 0-0 as long as we did and only lost by 2, if I'm honest.
    We were lucky to get the nil tbh.

We tried, r. A noble effort. This of us like the Glorious Glosters, looking forward to 38 years in a bamboo cage in a Korean labour camp, but proud and unbowed.
    There's no need to be so dramatic, and anyway, this is a different matter entirely. People are merely suggesting our manager find a different hobby (as is traditional, customary behaviour at certain points and times within this beautiful game of ours). Nobody is suggesting He ought to be imprisoned and tortured.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There's no need to be so dramatic, and anyway, this is a different matter entirely. People are merely suggesting our manager find a different hobby (as is traditional, customary behaviour at certain points and times within this beautiful game of ours). Nobody is suggesting He ought to be imprisoned and tortured.
    I wouldn't be too sure of that if I were you.

I wouldn't be too sure of that if I were you.
    There you are then; time for everyone to move on. It should never get to this stage.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    David Squires is worth a look on this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-in-the-league
    I rather enjoyed his book, although he does tend to the right-on virtue-signalling too regularly.

No hissy fits required, just a cold clinical verdict of Wenger out. It is May, is it not? Time for judgement.

I rather enjoyed his book, although he does tend to the right-on virtue-signalling too regularly.
    Agreed. Well, the bits of the book that I read before wrapping it up and giving it to my father for a christmas present.