Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top four gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It will at least make a change to not be in it. We all want change....
    The Europa league could be good opportunity for a new manager to get things back on track. Winning it would be a great way to qualify for the CL. Sadly I can see Arsene hanging around, and treating the Europa as a European league Cup. He really isn't the man to take things forward from this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The bread. THE BREAD! Snails with the balrey miso. Asparagus with stuff. Something esle, can't remember. Then a prok chop. My word. A pork chop from a 18 month old beast, aged like beef, cooked over charcoal. Absolutely stunning. Some hazelnut nonsense for dessert. Couple of bottle of Gevrey-Chambertin, for which he raped me firmly in the bottom. (£120 a bottle! Thief.)

Anyway, it was a truly terrific meal and I thoroughly enjoyed speaking to chef/owner James as he presented each dish and explained the full family history of each item on the plate, the autistic wánker.

I made Lancashire hotpot the next day. It was much nicer.
    Oh so your home made Lancashire hotpot was much nicer than my restaurant recommendation was it? Oh well that's just lovely that is. Good to see my recommendation was appreciated.

Bloody ingrate.

The bread. THE BREAD! Snails with the balrey miso. Asparagus with stuff. Something esle, can't remember. Then a prok chop. My word. A pork chop from a 18 month old beast, aged like beef, cooked over charcoal. Absolutely stunning. Some hazelnut nonsense for dessert. Couple of bottle of Gevrey-Chambertin, for which he raped me firmly in the bottom. (£120 a bottle! Thief.)

Anyway, it was a truly terrific meal and I thoroughly enjoyed speaking to chef/owner James as he presented each dish and explained the full family history of each item on the plate, the autistic wánker.

I made Lancashire hotpot the next day. It was much nicer.
    I made a cracking fish stew. Stock made from fish trimmings, white wine, tarragon and saffron. Jersey Royals boiled in the saffrony stock, big chunks of hake, prawns, mussels and topped with a bream fillet. All with lovely crusty French bread (well, Belgian, strictly speaking) and finished with a dash of cream.

Couple of bottle of Gevrey-Chambertin, for which he raped me firmly in the bottom. (£120 a bottle! Thief.)
    £240 For plonk! - he didn't just botty rape you c, he made you clean up his bellend after with some sloppy fellatio whilst smoking one of your cigars and laughing at you

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Oh so your home made Lancashire hotpot was much nicer than my restaurant recommendation was it? Oh well that's just lovely that is. Good to see my recommendation was appreciated.

Bloody ingrate.
    It was just a reiteration of the fact that, whilst fayne dayning is enjoyable from time to time, you can't beat good, honest, non-poncey grub.

havent we already qualified for the Europa league with Chelsea in the CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    The Europa league could be good opportunity for a new manager to get things back on track. Winning it would be a great way to qualify for the CL. Sadly I can see Arsene hanging around, and treating the Europa as a European league Cup. He really isn't the man to take things forward from this point.
    I'm not sure either Wenger or our players are much interested in the UEFA cup, to be honest, so let's just hope we qualify for the CL.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

will be for this likes of Debuchy, Chambers, Jeff, Jenkinson etc maybe get Jon Toral back and play him

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    will be for this likes of Debuchy, Chambers, Jeff, Jenkinson etc maybe get Jon Toral back and play him
    T, Manchester United have never won it, and even with Jose Mourinho in charge they're still struggling to win it. How do you imagine our Carling cup team is going to get on, when it couldn't even win the bloody Carling cup
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    havent we already qualified for the Europa league with Chelsea in the CL.
    Spot reverts to the league now - no more cup-runners up (think Hull were the last ). From uefa.com

• Performances in domestic leagues will be rewarded. If a national cup winner has booked a UEFA Champions League spot, the highest-ranked club in their domestic league not already qualified for the UEFA Europa League will qualify for the competition; national cup runners-up no longer qualify.