Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather's looking rather dull this weekend :-(

Weather's looking rather dull this weekend :-(

Shame, I was thinking of starting my summer barbecue and negroni consumption otherwise.

However, negronis when it's cloudy and 15 degrees just wouldn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Shame, I was thinking of starting my summer barbecue and negroni consumption otherwise.

I'm down south this weekend and tomorrow is looking to be partly cloudy and 17c. So not too bad.

In other food related new, any idea how to cook whitebait? I bought some sardines and whitebait from my fishmonger the other day and was looking to do a seafood BBQ of sorts.

Edit: I won't attempt to BBQ whitebait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm down south this weekend and tomorrow is looking to be partly cloudy and 17c. So not too bad.

In other food related new, any idea how to cook whitebait? I bought some sardines and whitebait from my fishmonger the other day and was looking to do a seafood BBQ of sorts.

Edit: I won't attempt to BBQ whitebait.
    Couldn't be simpler. You dredge them in flour seasoned with salt, pepper and (my twist) some smoked paprika. Then just shake the little fellas off in the basket of your deep fat fryer to remove excess flour and put into the hot oil. They're done in a minute. Serve with lemon wedges and (if you must) tartare sauce.

I am of course assuming that, as a serious cook, you own a deep fat fryer. If not, you might as well chuck them away.

Biergarten weather on Sunday Much preferable to any other option. It was ****ing snowing this morning though - weird Euro weather

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Biergarten weather on Sunday Much preferable to any other option. It was ****ing snowing this morning though - weird Euro weather
    I've been in Amsterdam most of this week. The weather veered from beautifully warm to freezing, with gale force winds and hail. Stupid Amsterdam.

Also, why do they have so many 'Argentinian' steak houses with all you can eat rib offers?

I've been in Amsterdam most of this week. The weather veered from beautifully warm to freezing, with gale force winds and hail. Stupid Amsterdam.

Also, why do they have so many 'Argentinian' steak houses with all you can eat rib offers?
    People seem to get very hungry there

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    People seem to get very hungry there
    Talking of which, my sister found out over Christmas that my 15 year-old nephew and godson smokes weed and absolutely lost her shït about it. The fact it was obvious seems to have passed her by. Anyway, she keeps catching him at it/finding his stash and losing her rag - which is all very funny. So now he's supposedly said he's stopped smoking.
    However, the other day on Facebook, she posted a picture of a load of demolished pizza, crisps, biscuits, etc that he and a mate had polished off in the front room and not tidied up with the words 'A little late-night snack-ette left by my son and his friend' and appeared not to put two and two together.

I didn't have the heart to tell her. I'm slightly alarmed that a sister of mine is that naive, tbh.

Talking of which, my sister found out over Christmas that my 15 year-old nephew and godson smokes weed and absolutely lost her shït about it. The fact it was obvious seems to have passed her by. Anyway, she keeps catching him at it/finding his stash and losing her rag - which is all very funny. So now he's supposedly said he's stopped smoking.
    However, the other day on Facebook, she posted a picture of a load of demolished pizza, crisps, biscuits, etc that he and a mate had polished off in the front room and not tidied up with the words 'A little late-night snack-ette left by my son and his friend' and appeared not to put two and two together.

I didn't have the heart to tell her. I'm slightly alarmed that a sister of mine is that naive, tbh.
    Poor thing - must have had an innocent upbringing

I noticed that. It's the equivalent of the Angus steak house but amplified.

Also I was scared to even go near the door of these places or look at the menu as the bloke will pounce on you to come in

Couldn't be simpler. You dredge them in flour seasoned with salt, pepper and (my twist) some smoked paprika. Then just shake the little fellas off in the basket of your deep fat fryer to remove excess flour and put into the hot oil. They're done in a minute. Serve with lemon wedges and (if you must) tartare sauce.

I am of course assuming that, as a serious cook, you own a deep fat fryer. If not, you might as well chuck them away.
    I don't own a deep fat fryer, B. Can I just use a wok and heat up a load of olive oil in it before frying at very high heat?