Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather's looking rather dull this weekend :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I don't own a deep fat fryer, B. Can I just use a wok and heat up a load of olive oil in it before frying at very high heat?
    You can, but you might want to use a thermometer to avoid burning the ****ing house down/getting covered in boiling fat.

Seriously, go out and buy a deep fat fryer. They cost flumpence and are much safer and easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've been in Amsterdam most of this week. The weather veered from beautifully warm to freezing, with gale force winds and hail. Stupid Amsterdam.

Also, why do they have so many 'Argentinian' steak houses with all you can eat rib offers?
    I too have noticed this and gathered that it was a front for people of dubious employ to offer their services.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Poor thing - must have had an innocent upbringing
    That's the thing, I'm sure she didn't. I'm pretty sure she used to talk about smoking dope when she was at University. I mean, I know she was never a drug taker on my scale, but I sort of assumed she'd dabbled, ffs!

I too have noticed this and gathered that it was a front for people of dubious employ to offer their services.
    But presumably you can get ribs, too?

[/QUOTE]
    But presumably you can get ribs, too?
    Oh, no doubt about it. I just can't imagine that a city would have such huge demand for ribs.

There must be a code word that you say while ordering that gets you an upgrade to a dining area for 'valued customers'.

Oh, no doubt about it. I just can't imagine that a city would have such huge demand for ribs.

There must be a code word that you say while ordering that gets you an upgrade to a dining area for 'valued customers'.
    I was tempted by ribs, but then remembered I had a beard. Eating ribs in public is bad enough when you're clean shaven. Bearded, it would look appalling.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-28-2017 at 02:46 PM.

I've been in Amsterdam most of this week. The weather veered from beautifully warm to freezing, with gale force winds and hail. Stupid Amsterdam.

Also, why do they have so many 'Argentinian' steak houses with all you can eat rib offers?
    Some of them are excellent. I once gorged myself in such a place with Ian Harvey. What an odd thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Some of them are excellent. I once gorged myself in such a place with Ian Harvey. What an odd thought.
    Yes. I did once as well (not with Ian Harvey, of course). But now there seem to be millions of them. It's like they've been breeding.

I got a kroket from a FEBO in your honour while I was there.

Yes. I did once as well (not with Ian Harvey, of course). But now there seem to be millions of them. It's like they've been breeding.

I got a kroket from a FEBO in your honour while I was there.
    Stout fellow. I've made them a few times recently but they're never quite the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Stout fellow. I've made them a few times recently but they're never quite the same.
    They were flogging them in that outrageously expensive Dutch food place in the airport. I almost got some for you, but since I had no idea when my flight might turn up, I feared they'd defrost in my hand luggage.

How are you by the way? Upright?