Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garden Bridge gone.

Garden Bridge gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Why don't they just stick a few plants on then Millennium bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Why don't they just stick a few plants on then Millennium bridge?
    Or even better, just direct people to Mile End.

Or even better, just direct people to Mile End.

That's lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That's lovely
    Definitely a candidate for one of my Seven Wonders of East London.

Why can't they just build a new, proper London Bridge rather than the fûcking monstrosity that's there now? I'd be well up for an old-school one with shops and houses on it that occasionally fell down

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why can't they just build a new, proper London Bridge rather than the fûcking monstrosity that's there now? I'd be well up for an old-school one with shops and houses on it that occasionally fell down
    Absolutely. Have you seen the wooden model of the old bridge in St Magnus-the-Martyr on the site of the old crossing?

Absolutely. Have you seen the wooden model of the old bridge in St Magnus-the-Martyr on the site of the old crossing?

I hadn't, no. Must pop in there.

That's the sort of thing, though, isn't it? With everyone emptying their privies into the river and the piles creating absolutely terrifying rapids that regularly kill unwary boatmen. Good stuff.

Mind you, even if they did build such a place, they'd probably make it a Westfield these days.

I despise London Bridge. not sure when ever I have to walk across it I hate every second of it.

also not fond of westfield's either.
    may have plenty of shops but it's too busy to actually look at anything properly.

I was actually thinking the same when I read the story earlier