Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The problem with Sunday is that, points wise, a draw is unhelpful to our top 4 chance

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've now got the image of Sacchi and Ferguson having sex, la.
    What a way to start a long weekend - time for a beer I think

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The prospect of Spurs challenging for the title for the next 10 years doesn't fill you with dread?

Its beyond horrific.....
    No. I am no longer 11.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    No. I am no longer 11.
    Translation: You are 300 miles away from North London.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I only live 2.8 miles away from White Hart Lane

where as I used to live 1.7 miles from Emirates. and before that 1 mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They won't - and he won't stay there. And besides - the ****er has won the square root of **** all as a manager, which seems to be widely overlooked in the bid to proclaim him the ******* son of Ariggo Sacchi and Alex Ferguson
    Neither of whom managed to create a title-challenging Spurs side. He has achieved what many of us thought impossible.

Ok, he has won bugger all. My original point was that I will be very happy when he leaves and trigger-happy Levy steps in again to appoint a succession of berks....

I hate Spurs being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    250 : pedant:

However my son-in-law, stepson and one good mate are avid spurs fans. I have given it large to them over the years and must now expect some back. I will start with this:
    spursw.jpg

No. I am no longer 11.
    Ah, so this is a measure of maturity?

This has always puzzled me as supporting a football club has always felt like a suspended childhood. It is the most immature thing I do and I am not sure I really want to grow up in this sense. If I did I fear I would see the whole thing as the over-hyped, money-driven charade it is and become one of those god awful self-righteous ****s that starts going to see their local non-league side.

Ah, so this is a measure of maturity?

This has always puzzled me as supporting a football club has always felt like a suspended childhood. It is the most immature thing I do and I am not sure I really want to grow up in this sense. If I did I fear I would see the whole thing as the over-hyped, money-driven charade it is and become one of those god awful self-righteous ****s that starts going to see their local non-league side.
    Well, having lived in the SW for most of my life, I guess the local footie has always been an option for me. You are lucky enough to have grown up local to the Arse (I guess) which is great in terms of getting to see top-flight footie, (I used to go a few times a season, more when I was living near London, seldom now) and have never really needed to see lower league stuff. I wouldn't knock it too much though. And yes, it is a sign of getting

Well, having lived in the SW for most of my life, I guess the local footie has always been an option for me. You are lucky enough to have grown up local to the Arse (I guess) which is great in terms of getting to see top-flight footie, (I used to go a few times a season, more when I was living near London, seldom now) and have never really needed to see lower league stuff. I wouldn't knock it too much though. And yes, it is a sign of getting
    If Arsenal was not so deeply entrenched in my family history (and wasn't the only bloody thing that my family have ever agreed on) I would have stopped taking an interest by now. I never watch a non-Arsenal game and don't watch many of ours. Thankfully, lower league football still holds no appeal....although I did nearly go to a match between Braintree and Wrexham last year....

Anyway, I cant have Spurs winning the league. It is just totally unacceptable. Its never happened in my lifetime....

If Arsenal was not so deeply entrenched in my family history (and wasn't the only bloody thing that my family have ever agreed on) I would have stopped taking an interest by now. I never watch a non-Arsenal game and don't watch many of ours. Thankfully, lower league football still holds no appeal....although I did nearly go to a match between Braintree and Wrexham last year....

Anyway, I cant have Spurs winning the league. It is just totally unacceptable. Its never happened in my lifetime....
    Yes. I would feel about a Spurs victory the same way you lefties feel about Trump getting elected. In other words, I would assume it was a harbinger of the end times and would endeavour to ensure my spiritual affairs were in order.