Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The problem with Sunday is that, points wise, a draw is unhelpful to our top 4 chance

They should've completed walloped us last year but we fought back with 10 men for a draw and could've won it if Ramsey had been a bit more composed...they will be going for the win which will play very well into our new system.

Wouldn't read too much into the Leciester game because of the changes we made and how shattered some of the players looked i.e. Holding in the back line and Ox and Monreal back on the wings will improve us...Giroud / Welbeck will be vital for his hold up play. Maybe a further tinkering of the system with Ramsey coming in for Ozil could improve us.

A positive result for us isn't out of the question.

As for United...watched quite of bit of them recently and I'm sorry but they are c rap. Sooner or later they are going to take a pretty big beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Only one side can win the league, which makes existance pointless for almost all the others, unless there is something else to play for.

I remember the discussions back in the austerity years when AW put out weakened teams because he was desperate for the top four monies to keep the lights on (allegedly). There was much criticism of not trying to win a trophy, possibly from some of the same people who now decry the FA Cup as not-a-trophy.
    Watch it pal.

Perhaps my current relative lack of interest in or enthusiasm for said Cup is based on our campaign which through Preston, a reserve Southampton team and a few pub sides totally failed in any way to light my fire.

I still don't think there is a lot of glory attached to success any more as it is simply, and sadly, not the trophy it used to be. This to me is obvious as managers of Premier League teams almost sacrifice their involvement in it on an annual basis prioritising instead a run of the mill league games a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Watch it pal.

Perhaps my current relative lack of interest in or enthusiasm for said Cup is based on our campaign which through Preston, a reserve Southampton team and a few pub sides totally failed in any way to light my fire.

I still don't think there is a lot of glory attached to success any more as it is simply, and sadly, not the trophy it used to be. This to me is obvious as managers of Premier League teams almost sacrifice their involvement in it on an annual basis prioritising instead a run of the mill league games a few days later.
    A semi-final line-up of Chelsea, Spurs, Citeh and Arsenal isn't bad though, even if some of the previous rounds were romantic potential bananaskin fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A semi-final line-up of Chelsea, Spurs, Citeh and Arsenal isn't bad though, even if some of the previous rounds were romantic potential bananaskin fixtures.
    Top dollar, and from the opening half I saw of the first match and then our own game they were both good matches to fit the occasion. Glamour final also filled with intrigue– London derby, Chelsea double which will of course lead to the footballing coronation of Conte, Wenger’s last game (maybe), Sanchez last game, perhaps Ozil, Costa.

It’s only Ray Parlour etc.

I shall be endeavouring as hard as possible to obtain a ticket to attend the game though I live each day more in hope than any heightened sense of expectancy.

Perhaps it is age that is dulling my former love for the tournament. The five ages of a football supporter, read a piece on this the other day, Guardian I think.

Perhaps it is age that is dulling my former love for the tournament. The five ages of a football supporter, read a piece on this the other day, Guardian I think.

Top dollar, and from the opening half I saw of the first match and then our own game they were both good matches to fit the occasion. Glamour final also filled with intrigue– London derby, Chelsea double which will of course lead to the footballing coronation of Conte, Wenger’s last game (maybe), Sanchez last game, perhaps Ozil, Costa.

I shall be endeavouring as hard as possible to obtain a ticket to attend the game though I live each day more in hope than any heightened sense of expectancy.

I have a flight to Greece at five in the morning the day after the final - it is going to get messy

Easy to forget that for most of our younger lives, the FA Cup final was the only live domestic game you saw on telly all year. That alone made it special. Now it's just another game - a situation exacerbated by the fact that they no longer televise it from 8am with long features on what they teams had for breakfast, what their dogs' names are, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    jesus wept - you really are quite the drama queen
    The prospect of Spurs challenging for the title for the next 10 years doesn't fill you with dread?

Its beyond horrific.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The prospect of Spurs challenging for the title for the next 10 years doesn't fill you with dread?

Its beyond horrific.....
    They won't - and he won't stay there. And besides - the ****er has won the square root of **** all as a manager, which seems to be widely overlooked in the bid to proclaim him the ******* son of Ariggo Sacchi and Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They won't - and he won't stay there. And besides - the ****er has won the square root of **** all as a manager, which seems to be widely overlooked in the bid to proclaim him the ******* son of Ariggo Sacchi and Alex Ferguson
    I've now got the image of Sacchi and Ferguson having sex, la.